Links

Monday, December 13, 2021

Monday Countdown

All good things must come to an end, and that includes those fun-filled things we refer to as weekends. Now it is once again time to take our collective noses and stick them back onto the grindstone for another fun-filled week of making this a better place to live. For me it is also a countdown as I'm not working this coming weekend. 

I've made my last Hundred trip, I'm going out tonight and maybe Wednesday if need be, but that will do it for me doing fieldwork for RTI for 2021. I still have training and other things to do to prepare for 2022, but that is all going to be done from home. I have to say that I am ready for a break, I started this all when the girls were away for their girl's trip in October.

Looking ahead at the workweek, nothing major planned other than that light at the end of the tunnel. The Big News for Morgantown for this week is it is finals week at WVU. What's this mean, it means slowly but surely probably starting about Wednesday that you will notice a dropoff in Morgantown's population over the next few days as they start winter break. The next Semester begins January 10th, and most if not all of them will be home for the Holidays, so enjoy the break. I know most of the Masters or Doctoral students that I worked with when I was at the NRAC all used this time to go back home. Many to foreign  Countries as they all tended to stay during the summer months for summer sessions. This is actually the longest break where nothing is going on at WVU, so enjoy less traffic. WOO HOO

Michelle has her office Christmas Party on Thursday, they ordered them lunch and will be having a get together at their office. I did get a nice $25 Gift Certificate from ConsultUSA for Christmas, it was good at Starbucks and since I'm not a coffee drinker Michelle gladly put it on her Starbucks ap. 

Have yourselves a great day and the start (or continuance in my case) of a great week. Let's get to the weekend.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: