Links

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sunday

Tree 1, Me 0
Here I sit in a quiet household, Kiwi and I are talking about life and he said he now wants to go to Medical School and become a Human Doctor. He thinks with his brilliant brain he could be Dr Kiwi by the end of the year if he applies himself. I hate to break it to him, it might take a little longer than that. 

I managed to get the grass cut yesterday, it was the first time I had cut it in some time and last weekend's rains caused it to grow quickly. So I went into action as Michelle went to Aldi's. So you are asking why Kiwi wants to go to medical school? Because as I was cutting grass yesterday I was riding under a pine tree and somehow managed to put about a 2" gash on my forehead. I had just finished cutting the grass when Michelle got home and hadn't had a chance to look at my forehead yet, although I knew there was a good deal of blood. I got her attention real quick when she saw the gash. I did manage to get the grass cut and the riding mower cleaned up and put away. I guess it is tree 1, me 0 right now. I do have a chainsaw where the score might turn back in my favor real soon...lol. I'm OK, looks worse than it feels. 

So what is on today's agenda? I have to move a few things around, we have an iMac in one bedroom that I am going to need to break down and move to the back spare bedroom. I have this monstrosity of a setup I got from Parsons that I am going to need for Monday and it's just too much to use with my current setup. That is set with dual monitors to work with laptops and a USB-C Connection. They sent me a Dell 5820 workstation that is supposed to be some supercomputer. I can hook up 4 monitors to it, but they only sent me two. It may be able to expand, but I need to see how much room I have. I do have an Alexa and a TV with a Roku in that bedroom, so now I'll have two desks with dual monitors for work, not to mention my own desk that I spend all of my free time at. I was told last week that they were sending me a laptop as well, but that hasn't arrived and I was told conflicting stories as to if I am getting one. 

Oh well, have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: