Links

Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday

All good things must come to an end, but this is an exciting day to culminate the weekend fun and get back to business. Now we have to take our collective noses and stick them back onto that grindstone known as life and get back to doing what it is that we do for a living to make this a better rock to live on. 

Even though I have been working for them for the last 15 months, I am no longer a contracted employee from an outside firm and I am now an official Parsons employee. My Orientation will be today (doing I-9's and all that fun kind of stuff) even though I'm already familiar with the culture and where I need to go. It's a remote role that could lead into bigger chances down the road, as they hire a lot of GIS people and they usually put their job posting up internally for Parsons employees first, so I am in the door so to speak rather than being a contractor on the outside looking in. When I first started at NETL, Parsons along with SAIC (who I worked for) and EG&G who is now Amentum and I also worked for up until my time ended there, were the three primes that had the whole site contract. This should open up some great opportunities for me to day the least. I already was offered to go to Malstrom this month, but it conflicted with Brittany's wedding so I passed this time around. 

In case you are wondering, I'm still keeping my day job with AliPro and contracted to EPE, another world wide firm with a number of opportunities. 

In the GIS field the most lucrative areas are Military and Power (electricity) and I have them both covered with Parsons and EPE. I did work in the gas field last year, but no where near as lucrative as the military or the power industry. 

I did have a very short-term thing come up for Hurricane Helene, it would have been only a couple of weeks for Geospatial Support for the aftermath of the Hurricane. It was all because I worked with FEMA when I was at NETL I had three FEMA Certifications. I told them to keep my name for future opportunities. 

Have yourselves a great day. 


No comments: