Links

Monday, September 23, 2024

Monday

All good things must come to an end, but this is an exciting day to culminate the weekend fun and get back to business. Now we have to take our collective noses and stick them back onto that grindstone known as life and get back to doing what it is that we do for a living to make this a better rock to live on. 

Is it me or is just time in general just flying by? My weekends go by quick, but my workweek does as well (although that may change next week when I'm working two jobs again). Maybe it's because I enjoy what I do for a living and I don;t consider what I'm doing as work. Hell I get off work and I'm still playing around trying to find better ways to do things, whether that be importing an open source data source or some editing tricks. My office mates are pretty cool as well, considering they are two cats and a know it all bird. 

I have a new project I am plugging away at this week, I'm out of Texas and into Michigan so to speak. We finished up Texas early last week and I'm concentrating on Michigan data for the 2033 cycle. I like the temporal (time) data as it allows us to track any potential changes and account for them as well as pulling up historical data for comparison. I know we are trying to obtain Open Street Map's electrical data as far as line locations and substation names. It would be a very helpful value added dataset to help improve accuracy. 

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: