Links

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Back Yard Brawl Day

Here I sit once again in a semi-quiet household, except for the fact that Kiwi and been taking some acting lessons, more specifically he wants to do voiceover work. He tells me that he thinks that since James Earl Jones passed away earlier this week, he is working on his distinctive Bass voice and wants to be the new voice of Darth Vader and Mustfa from the Star Wars and Lion King franchises. He's even working on the heavy breathing exercises, but that does get a little bit freaky if you know what I mean. 

This afternoon the Mountaineers will be taking that trip to the city in the north to play that dreadful school from the north. The West Virginia Mountaineers and Pitt Panthers will meet for the 107th time in the Backyard Brawl. It's at 3:00 or 3:30 on ESPN2. Should be a great game and one that I am looking forward to for sure. 

I've been sick the last week and Michelle came home Wednesday Morning sick and still isn't feeling 100%. Something is going around and I think we have both caught a touch of it. Fevers, chills, upset stomachs and such are things we have been battling this past week. 

Plans for this morning include a run to Aldi's. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the grass yet, it's really not grown very much at all over the past four weeks since I last cut it. It may get delayed another week, then again I may just go for a joyrode around the yard. 

Oh, I got an offer from Parsons this week. I've been working for them on an on again off again part time basis the last year or so, and we're just eliminating a few hoops and making me a Parsons employee. I've already submitted my background check paperwork as well as did my drug screen earlier this week. In start September 30th. So instead of having to fill out 3 timesheets working for them it'll only be one. Also a lot less hoops to jump through to get any kind of work, so it could really work to my advantage. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: