Links

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12

 Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

This is a song that touched me in my older years and not really one that I liked when it was released. I'm a rock and roll kind of a person, but I had to put a little bit of Country Music on this list and I selected one that really reaches out and touches me. 

I always liked Don Williams, but his music was rarely on my playlists. About 10 or so years ago he appeared at a bar in downtown Morgantown and I seriously thought about attending. I think his works are simple, memorable and melodic and this is a perfect example of a great artist. 




His voice only got better with age. 

No comments: