Links

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sunday Morning Rambings

Here Kiwi and I sit in a quiet household, we are up trying to figure out how super bird can avenge Mom for what happened yesterday. Kiwi is out for blood in avenging his Mom. 

So let me tell you about yesterday. We decided we were going to do a little yard work and to trim the hedges we really needed a ladder of some kind. So it was off to Lowes we went and we found one that perfectly fit our needs, so we got it. I almost bought one at the auction last week, but it was a little flimsy and Jim sold them all. 

Anyways when we got home Michelle started trimming the hedges and I started mowing grass. We got smart this year and just threw all the trimmings out into the yard and that allowed me to run over them a few times turning them into mulch. We didn't have to hook the wagon up and carry them out back to dump them.

Anyways I'm mowing and I seen Michelle on the front porch and she looked like she was in pain. I stopped the mower and she said she hit a nest of hornets and got stung about a dozen times by those little SOB's. I advised her to put baking soda and water on it to take the sting out (that's what Grandma Hall used to do for me), but it didn't really work. Michelle ever the trooper started again, determined to finish them like the trooper that she is. By the time I had finished mowing, she hit another nest and got stung another five times. At that point she said she was done. 

When we came downstairs Kiwi noticed Michelle was hurting and Kiwi asked me what happened. I told him and he didn't take too kindly to those a-holes stinging his Mommy. He is planning his revenge, he was on the phone most of the night trying to round a few more of his aviary friends to have a hornet BBQ. 

Today, just shopping and a few chores. That should be about it. 

Have a great day. 

No comments: