Links

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, although Kiwi really prevents that statement from being 100% true. The little chatterbox always wants attention and I half wonder of he ever sleeps. On this morning he's wanting to chat about toilet paper rolls. Do they go over or under? It's a pretty in depth conversation. He says under which I disagree with. 

The rain yesterday morning put a hindrance on us trimming any hedges yesterday. Between the rain and the humidity, it kind of made it an inside kind of day where we basically napped and watched stupid movies. 

We tried a new restaurant on Friday evening, my sister Kim said she loves it and had been there multiple times so we tried it. Mountain Mamas was a place we had never been to, so we tried it. I usually agree with Kim on things like this, but not this one though. I swear anchovies are not as salty as my cheese steak was which was just swimming in grease to the point that the bun was all soggy. The homemade potato chips were overcooked and also just way too much salt for my taste. I understand they are a bar, more sodium in the food the more people drink, but for my taste, this was just over the top. Both Michelle and I ate about 1/4 of our sandwiches and just a couple of chips and I had a salt taste in my mouth the rest of the evening. Did not want to take anything home, we just left it it was that undesirable. I had high expectations but left with unmet expectations. When Michelle and I try a new place I usually ask her if she would do that again and it usually met with a positive response, it was a great big nope for the both of us Friday evening. 

Plans for the day, grocery shopping, and the weekly chores that we do for the household. Nothing is planned beyond that, so we'll have to take a wait and see approach to the day. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it special. 

No comments: