Links

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12, #10

 Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

#10 Still They Ride - Journey


I have always been a big Journey fan and an even bigger Steve Perry fan. They have done a lof of the music through the years that I absolutely have or do love. They are the ultimate stadium rock band and Steve Perry's vocal range has been on the level of just a very few singers. I would put him at legendary status. 

Like I said there is a lot of Journey Music I love, when I used to head out onto the trails to walk they were one of my most played artists. Still they ride is a song that you can just close your eyes to and allow that high 'tenor altino' voice of his to just grab you in and consume you to the point that you are him singing his songs. 

It was a band that I never got to see live, but would have loved to. There are no time machines and the Steve Perry era of Journey is a distant memory and one that I carry with me. 



No comments: