Links

Saturday, July 01, 2023

Happy Saturday

Here I am on a semi-quiet Saturday Morning, Kiwi and I are up just generally talking about life and everything about it. He's a good early-morning listener and he gives excellent advice and feedback. 

Well I learned this week when my drop dead end date is with Lancesoft, or should I say kind of. The government funding ends for this position on July 21st and that will be my last day so to speak. However Parsons (our client) has offered me a position on Casual status, meaning they don't have funding for me but when they do I've already jumped through all the necessary hoops to work on sensitive information with the Department of Defense and they want me to keep my computer and pretty much be on call for anything that may come up. They like me, but right now it is a funding issue. Could this lead to a full-time permanent position? Let's just say my foot is planted well within the door and I have all the equipment and log-ins that I need, so let's see how this goes. I'll probably start looking again for another contract like this one and the one I had with Duquesne Light, I'm already set up and am free to work for whoever I want. We'll have to wait and see how it all turns out. I've pretty much got a chance to work as many hours as I want between now and the 21st. So I might just be taking advantage of the opportunity. 

My plans for the day if I don't put in any hours, I'll be heading to the laundromat this morning to dry laundry. Other than that not much in the way of plans, Tuesday is the 4th so I might put in a few hours to make up for that day. 

Have yourselves a great day and for those of you with long weekends because of the 4th, enjoy yourselves. 

Hi ho hi ho? 

No comments: