Links

Wednesday, July 05, 2023

My Personal Music Top 12

 Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12

If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

This is a very special song to me, I loved it when Simply Red put out their version in the 1980's and it has always been one that I have loved. Mick Hucknall I have always thought had a great melodic voice, the song was originally performed by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes back in 1972, but Simply Red's 1989 version always touched my heart in a way that very few songs do. 

When Michelle and I were married nearly 12 years ago, she told me to pick the song of our first dance and I thought this song was absolutely perfect. 

All these years later it still stands true, because we think so similarly and always seem to have the same train of thought before the other one says anything, it's simply amazing. 




No comments: