Links

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Hump Day

The absolute hardest blog of the week for me to come up with any suitable content for. It sits in between two work week theme days when we are really not doing anything really worth writing about. A day where the small remains of my once creative juices show more than any other day that they are exhausted and unimaginative.

It is the middle of the week, but how many times does redundancy run a muck on my blog just for the sake of publishing a post on a daily basis.

There are a number of subjects that I could talk about, but I've learned through the years that maybe sometimes it's better to wait for the most opportune time to announce something or just not say anything at all in some cases. I've tried to present my blog in a positive light, one where it's refreshing to read and does not really offend anyone. I have made a very conscious effort to do that for a number of years and will continue to do this.

What I do need to do is get out of this redundant posting and this creative rut and maybe reexamine how I blog in general. For the past couple of years it has been more of a tedious task rather than a passion. I want to continue to do it, as I think it is a great tool for me and my family history and later this year I should hit my 5,000th blog post. It does make a nice reference history for me. For example, 11 years ago today I was contacted by ESRI about relocating to Tyson's Corner, Virginia to be an ESRI Instructor. I never followed through on that, but it was one heck of a compliment for me.

A blog is a great thing and I really do recommend them for everyone. They are therapeutic and they do help create a lifes history fore yourself. I mean how many other people know what happened in your life on March 8, 2006? I do.

Have yourselves a great day today, do something small that changes someone elses world in a small way. It could be contagious.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: