Links

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well my wonderful four day weekend has come to a conclusion and it is time for me to head back to work. I can't think of a better reason than that to do a tidbits.

* 18,678 days ago I entered this world, I am thankful for each and every day that I get to add to that total.

* 3,901 days ago I graduated from West Virginia University. It was something that I had always wanted to do, but waited until later in life to actually begin that journey.

* 2,502 days ago I went out for a pizza and a movie with a pretty special young lady who would change my life forever.

* 1,726 days ago I proposed marriage to that very special young lady, I was lucky enough for her to say yes.

* 1,263 days ago, in front of our closest friends and family at the Marilla Center, Michelle and I exchanged our vows and became Husband and Wife.

* I have about 6,159 days or so to go, give or take a few hundred here or there, until I retire.

* There are only 345 more days left until my Goodbye 2015 BLOG is written.

* There are only 339 more shopping days left to go until Christmas, if you haven't started your 2015 Christmas shopping yet there is no worry, you still have plenty of time.

* I have 315 more days to go until my next birthday.

* In 198 more days Michelle and I will celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary.

* In 117 more days my niece Brittany will graduate with her Bachelors Degree from West Virginia University.

* There are only 59 more days to go until Springtime!!!!

* This is my 3,930th blog post that I have written for the decade old George's Journal. It has been a long time in development and I try to make subtle changes when I make any changes at all. Still the same basic look and feel that it had when I started.

* My wonderful wife is down 37 lbs since surgery and 64 lbs since May. Me on the other hand has gained a few pounds back since the Holidays. Time to set up another goal and work towards it.

*  Michelle and I have both determined we want to see the movie American Sniper, I've seen some great reviews on it.

* I made a few of DVD's this past weekend of Jean, I think Val's is the only one that was requested that I have not made yet.

* Still waiting to see what happens with our contract at work before we make any vacation plans for 2015.

* One thing we all do need to do is start planning now for the 2015 Family Picnic. I think last years went pretty well, considering it had a secret agenda of Christmas in July as we referred to it knowing Jean's health condition. One thing we did not anticipate was Mick's condition.

* We did get our tax software last week, I have everything filled out and we are just waiting on the "official" paperwork for everything before I finalize and file.

* Starting to do some research for mine and Michelle's Spring trip that we have been taking the past few years. The last two we have went to Washington DC and have pretty much covered the entire National Mall, but there are places we have not seen like Arlington Cemetery. Also starting to look into someplace like Niagara Falls as neither of us has been there yet.

* Looking at the year ahead, we might actually start doing 5K Run/Walks this year. My sister in law Chris and daughter Amanda have done a number of them, maybe it's time to start joining them as a motivation.

* Do I really have to start the work week?

* Oh well, Hi ho hi ho

No comments: