Links

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday



Today's Photo comes as a live blog for the first time. So it's going to serve a double purpose to help answer a question that my sister Pam asked me yesterday.

She asked me if her and Gary were ever Baptized. I told her that they were both Baptized as young children, although I can't remember if there were two different Baptism's or if they were both Baptized at the same time. I do remember being there and being at the front of the Church with Dad and Jean at Drummond Chapel (Now Suncrest United Methodist) Church in the early 70's. The Reverend who performed the ceremony for both of the was Harper Callison (picture to the right here in a tie with my Grandfather) who passed away a little over 20 years ago.

I was Baptized by Reverend High, who proceeded Reverend Callison, but Pam's question to me was about hers and Gary's situations. If they need to find their records, this is where they need to start as I was in regular church (as opposed the Children's Church with Mrs Willard) that day(s) and that was a big treat for me as I got to go with the grown ups.

Now that is Baptism, confirmation if the Methodist Churches do it are a completely different story.

No comments: