Links

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from that daily loss to the Sandman and am up collecting my thoughts and surfing the WWW. TV is not on and I noticed it is only 10° outside, so I might head back to bed and my electric blanket in the very near future.

Michelle got all of the W-2's done yesterday so she may be off for the weekend instead of having to go in. She thought she was going to have to work, but it looks like she may not have to now.

I ordered a book from Amazon this week and it arrived last night. Probably a skill I am going to need to brush up on a little to stay ahead of the game. I've also been looking at other avenues to export and present information. I just got a copy of Office 2013 installed here at home, it has the capabilities of doing dynamic heat maps that previous versions of office does not. It's pretty simplistic, but the end user has to have Office 2013 for it to work properly and all of my clients have Office 2010 installed. I'm ready for them when they do a system wide upgrade to Office although I'm hearing we are going to Office 365.

No plans for the day yet, I have done a lot of work on the Hall Family Tree this week. I currently have 124 people in the database and it is growing. I've been adding pictures and information about people as I come across it. A few trips to a graveyard or two with my camera will probably help solve a few of the mysteries and help me fill it in a little bit better. I've got a request from Alaska to get a picture of a certain tombstone, so I guess I can add that to my list of things to do. I've added her entry to Find a Grave and have even started to update a few entries there.

Have a great day and stay warm.

No comments: