Links

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hump Day

Well I now have my dreaded work week started, of course I didn't work on Monday, but it is still Wednesday and I can see the dawn of another weekend off in the distance. It's time to start planning what we are going to do the next time we have a couple of days off and I think a movie is in store.

First off Congratulations to my Nephew Calvin, yesterday was his first day of classes at Fairmont State as he starts his journey to further his academic career. He only took one semester off since graduating High School, so I am glad to see him getting back into the classroom so early. To say that I am proud of him is an understatement at the very least.

My advice for Calvin as he starts his academic journey is the same advice I give everyone for college. Show up every day, sit up front and listen to the lectures and take notes, if you have a question or there is something you don't understand simply ask and finally let your professor know who you are. Visit them in their office hours or just say hello to them occasionally. When the semester is over with and they are filling out grades and you need a favor so to speak, it's more likely going to be given to a student that they seen every day as opposed to the ones who never came to class. Saw that too many times.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: