Links

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that dreaded thing we refer to as Monday is now once again behind us, other than having a pet monkey named Mr. Squibbles to party with the sloth can I think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* I have been around for 18,670 days so far. That's a little over 51 years for those of you wondering, that I have been here on earth trying to make it a better place.

* It was 3,894 days ago that I graduated from West Virginia University. I started late, but better late than never is what I say.

* 2,495 days ago on a cold spring Saturday evening, I took a woman out on a date for the first time. I had known her for years, even got stood up by her once the first time I asked her out, but I finally got her out for a night on the town.

* It was 1,719 days ago that I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to Michelle.

* 1,256 days ago, in front of our closest friends and family at the Marilla Center Michelle and I became Husband and Wife, exchanging our marital vows before feasting on a wonderful dinner.

* There are only 66 more days to go until Springtime!!! I'm ready already.

* In 124 more days my niece Brittany will graduate from West Virginia University.

* I'm 205 days away from my fourth Wedding Anniversary.

* It's only 322 more days to go until my birthday.

* If you haven't started your Christmas Shopping yet, you still have plenty of time as there are still 346 shopping days left still.

* I have 352 more days of content to add to the blog before I publish my Goodbye 2015 Blog.

* This is my 3,920th Blog that I have written for George's Journal, it's been over a decade to get to that number of posts but we are still going strong.

* I have about 6,166 days or so, give or take a few hundred here or there until I retire. I'm already a member of AARP and have been since I turned 50.

* Have I ever mentioned before that I Hate Snow?

* The new Baseball Park's construction is still moving along, I'm getting excited to see a few games there this spring and summer.

* I have a Doctors Appointment with my regular physician this morning. Just a routine checkup/followup from last fall.

* In case you haven't noticed, and I'm quite sure that you have, the peace and quiet that was the Christmas break around Morgantown is now over as all the students are back and classes started up again yesterday. Traffic will be bad now until Spring Break and then until the end of the Semester in May.

* The Mountaineer Men's basketball team tries to rebound from Saturday's loss to #17 Iowa State Saturday Night by taking on #16 Oklahoma tonight at the Coliseum.

* I am now officially 0 for 3 in the College Football Playoff Predictions for the year, Ohio State beat Oregon 42-20 to win it all last night. Good thing I don't gamble..lol

* Michelle and I were talking this past weekend about the Farmers Market in Morgantown, saying she couldn't wait for it to open up again. Well from 11:00 to 1:00 on Saturday at the Wesley United Methodist Church it is open this Saturday. CLICK Here  for their schedule on what is in season.

* I've changed a few subtle things around with the layout, there is now a search feature that allows the user to search anything that I have written about or linked to from this blog. It is located on the sidebar.

* I updated the blogs that I link to, deleting old blogs that no longer exist and updating current links.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: