Links

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I am once again the first one to recover from getting knocked unconscious from that dreaded Sandman last night (he's undefeated BTW) and am up collecting my thoughts for the day. TV isn't on yet, but it should be.

Well all I can say is mission accomplished yesterday. I was able to make it to my Grandmothers Grave Site and get a few images of the tombstone. My Aunt Bonita in Alaska had been requesting a picture of it for a number of years and requested I try to get it for her on Friday. I honestly had no idea where we were going, where the tombstone was located (I've never been to the final resting place) and to add to that, there was snow on the ground and as you can see the marker is level with the ground. Talk about finding a needle in a Haystack. I did manage to both create and update her graves site on Find a Grave and upload the picture to Facebook for Bonita. I would say yesterday was mission accomplished.

In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, there is a football game this evening. The last two NFL team standing will vie for the Lombardi Trophy this evening. The NFC Champion and defending Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks will take on the New England Cheaters who got to the super bowl with Deflate Gate. I'm cheering for Bruce Irvin to get his second ring as I am cheering for the Seahawks this evening. On a good note, Jerome "the Bus" Bettis  will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in the 2015 Class.

Normal day of shopping for us, no winter storm that hit and devastated the area although I'm not complaining. Not sure if I have ever mentioned this before, but I Hate Snow.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Jack Crab said...

NFL is fixed George.

Jack Crab said...

Graveyard exploration can reveal lots of symbolism. One motif frequently found in older sites is the "Opening of the Gates of Heaven" image on the gravestones and gravestones in the image of a tree trunk.