Links

Monday, February 09, 2015

Monday

I love my weekends, it's time to relax and there are really no schedules that we have to meet or anyplace that we have to be. So much for that, it's now time to stick our collective noses back on the grindstone for another fun filled week of working and doing what it is we do that allows us to live like we do. The weekend is over and it's time to get our butts back to work.

It was a semi productive weekend with my getting a little bit of work done to the Hall Family Tree and adding a few people and pictures. It has 157 people and 65 photos as of the time I am writing this. There is still a great deal of work that I need to do with it, but I'm piecing it together as slowly and as accurately as I can. I'm using multiple sources and have found out that My Mother's side of the family is better documented than my Father's side of the family was, or at least as far as anything available on the internet or online at the Census. I still haven't purchased any commercial products yet, so I am having a good deal of success without having to do so. There are a few things that I want to add to the site, like linking Find A Grave sites to a profile, so there is still a long way to go before I am even close to being done.

One thing I think it is time to do, is start planning the Summer Picnic for 2015. Last Years Picnic went very well, it was Christmas is July for Jean as we knew she was fighting a life threatening battle at the time, so maybe this years picnic can meet or exceed last years. I'll start looking around to reserve, I would like to get the same weekend time frame and the same location. I think that worked out very well last year. Anyone have any input, I feel doing this early will prevent any scheduling conflicts from anyone and set a hard date that people can schedule other things around. I know it's been a tough time for everyone in the family from the last picnic, maybe it's time to take a little bit of time out and enjoy each other.

Have a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: