Links

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit in a quiet household, it's only Michelle and I here as Josh is in Ohio and Hayley has also traveled for the weekend but I forget where she said that she went. I'm up early watching the ending of the Ugly Truth from my media center and collecting my thoughts on the day.

We did have a little bit of a scare yesterday morning with Michelle. All of a sudden her jaw just did not look right and she was in excruciating pain and it all just came out of no where. I had just hugged her and it happened. My immediate question is do you want to seek medical attention and it's usually followed by a no, except yesterday when I was met with an instantaneous yes, so off we went to seek medical help.

We ended up at Ruby Memorial in the Emergency room and after an evaluation the Doctor determined that it was Sialolithiasis, or a stone in her salivary gland that was causing her the extreme discomfort. He gave her a couple prescriptions and advised her on eating lemon candy to see if she can pass the stone on her own. Surgery is still an option and this may have to happen yet if the stone does not pass on it's own, but they said it is a minimally invasive surgery but it is a final option if needed.

We came home and rested yesterday, hopefully she feels a little better this morning when she wakes up, but we'll have to see on that.

Our plans for the rainy day, firing up the smoker and trying to smoke a whole chicken to see if we have any luck with that. Hopefully I have the right wood or pellets I need to smoke a chicken. I'll probably throw the smaller EZ-UP up and put the electric smoker under it due to the rain.

Have yourselves a great day today and make the very most of it.

No comments: