Links

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up watching nothing on the boob tube as I fell asleep streaming a movie last night.

It looks like it is going to rain the entire holiday weekend, Michelle and I had talked about loading up the little grill and going somewhere, but I think we may just smoke a chicken or two this weekend and stay dry at home.

There is something that I plan on doing sometime this weekend as I do every Memorial Day Weekend. I usually take one day and head out to a few graveyards of deceased family members and place flags on the tombstones of those who have served. I'll be heading to Arnettsville, East Oak Grove and Mount Union Cemeteries this weekend. It's just something that I have done the past few years, it is Memorial Day Weekend and we can't forget those who sacrificed for us. None of my family died in any conflict, but many served during conflicts and I still honor them this weekend.

Have yourselves a great weekend and try to stay dry, Mother Nature is being a pain in the butt.

No comments: