* This is where I would say we have that dreaded Monday past us, but my days just seem to be running together right now but I will acknowledge that it is Tuesday and I'm going to do another fact filled and educational tidbits.
* I know you guys have missed this count, it has been 19,364 wonderful days since my birth. Depending on if you use the traditional 365 day or the new and improved 905 day calendar to determine my age, let me just help everyone by stating that I am still 21.
* There have been 4,587 days that have gone by since I Graduated from WVU, that in itself seems like yesterday and it has been 12 years in itself. Best career decision that I ever made.
* It was 3,188 days ago that Michelle and I went out on our very first date together, both of our lives have changed significantly for the better since that fateful night despite the movie being really bad. I do not recommend 10,000 BC as a must see movie...lol
* It has been 2,412 days since I proposed marriage to my wonderful wife, I enjoy each and every day that I get to spend with her, even if it is for only a few minutes.
* We are in day 1,949 of Marital bliss and still going strong, I am a very fortunate man to have such a wonderful woman in my life.
* I have about 5,473 or so days to go until my retirement, give or take a few hundred here or there and depending on how I feel.
* There are only 2,111 days to go until the Backyard Brawl in football takes the field once again. WVU and Pitt have a few Basketball games scheduled in the future, but it is Football where we want to kick their asses. =) Bring it on boys.
* There are but a mere 360 more days to go until I celebrate yet another anniversary of my 21st Birthday. I've lost count as to how many anniversaries this will have been. Heck I even forget how old I really am....lol
* There are 305 more days to go until we once again attend the Springs Festival.
* Our next cruise is 278 days away. We both really like the cruise we take and the ports of call that we visit, hence why we keep repeating this same cruise. When you find something you like, why change it.
* There are only 243 more days to go until Michelle and I celebrate our Sixth Wedding Anniversary together. I am the luckiest man in the world.
* There are 200 more days to go until Calvin and Jeanetta's Wedding next June, she has put together this very informative website for everyone to use.
* My favorite season of the year is a mere 104 days away when Spring 2017 finally arrives. I know a lot of people like watching the leaves change, I'm a rebirth of the foliage kind of guy as I Hate Snow
* My buddy Phil the Groundhog takes center stage in 58 more days when he forecasts the weather on Ground Hogs Day. Hey Phil, what would it take for a favorable forecast this year?
* I have 25 more days to go until my Goodbye 2016 blog is written, where I relive the previous year based on what has been written right here. Hopefully I'll have some nice things to say.
* If you are planning your shopping, you have 19 more days to go until Christmas, it's time to start planning and shopping. Black Friday is just a few days away.
* This is my 4,684th blog that I have written for George's Journal in the now 12 1/4 years that I have been writing it. That is a lot of thoughts as well as a lot of words that I have typed in for everyone to read.
* No work yest this fall on the Hall Family Tree, as soon as things slow down a little bit I'm going to start working on that again. It's time as the days are shorter, the weather is colder and we've about closed out this quarter for RTI.
* Nothing new on the brother search, the DNA tests returned a few second cousins and beyond, but nothing close to a brother.....yet. I still have faith that something, sometime and someday will turn up.
* The WVU Women's Soccer team ended up runners up for the National Championship, dropping a 3-1 game to USC. I am very proud of this group of ladies, they have had a magical season.
* The WVU Football team is now ranked 12th in the Coaches Poll and 14th in the AP after this weekends win against Baylor. We will play the Miami of Florida in the Russell Athletic Bowl later this month.
* The WVU Men's Basketball team occupies the #1 position in the country in the Saragrin Ratings.
* I have been officially excused from serving on the Grand Jury in January, I'll be in St Louis and I received notice last week that I am excused from attending. St Louis here we come.
* My cousin Lynn was scheduled to have surgery later this month on the 19th for a pretty serious health issue, they moved her up to yesterday to perform the surgery.
* Have I ever mentioned before that I Hate Snow!!!!!....A Lot.
* Have yourselves a great day and make the very most of it.
* Hi ho hi ho
Monday, December 05, 2016
Or so that holds true for some of us, Sammy found himself a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka that we brought back from our cruise and he decided to break into it and get verschnockered. He was sing Rudolph the Brown Nosing Reindeer this morning and was saying some pretty nasty things about the other reindeer as well. He called Frosty a fat Olaf wanna-be and spent half the night in the bathroom swearing to the porcelain god of Ralph that he would never drink again.
With a weekend of baking done Michelle and I look towards the next weekend when we will be traveling to Ohio for her family Christmas at her Grandmothers home. It had been held at her Cousins for a couple of years, but it has moved back to her Grandmothers home the last two. We usually have a few weekends in December where we do the tree, bake, travel and shop. This weekend might be the travel and shop weekend as the other two are done.
Have yourselves a great and productive day today, enjoy it and live it to the fullest.
Hi ho hi ho
Yesterday was cookie day, you can tell Sammy has already broken into one batch and has been chowing down. Michelle busted her butt all day yesterday and is to be commended, she is a remarkable and tireless woman and I was distracted with other things and wasn't much help.
The WVU Women's Soccer team plays for the National Championship today, cheer this special group of ladies on and bring that National Championship Trophy home.
The WVU Men's Basketball team went on the road to #6 Virginia and won 66-57. This is a big win for Coach Huggins and the Press Virginia team, they just wore out the #6 team in the country on their home court.
WVU Football garnered their 10th win of the season yesterday with a 24-21 win over Baylor in what may have been one of the most sluggish performances that we have seen this year. Justin Crawford came back from last weeks injury and rushed for 209 yards in leading the offense. The Defense was pretty much lights out most of the game.
Today is a back to normal day with our grocery shopping in the morning and watching the Mountaineer ladies bring it home this afternoon.
Have a great day.
Sunday, December 04, 2016
Kim is a remarkable woman, she is a Project Manager for WVU Hospitals, a mother of one very special young lady, and a loving wife to her husband Robert. Talk about someone who lives life to the fullest, that is my sister Kim.
I'm not sure what Robert has planned for Kim today, they usually like to travel to Clarksburg and eat at her her favorite restaurant, Minards. This may be just a guess as this is something that she likes to do, but it all depends on how she feels and if she is up for the trip this afternoon.
If you see Kim today, take a little bit of time out and wish her a very Happy Birthday today.
Happy Birthday Kim
Saturday, December 03, 2016
Well first let me start by saying the #1 Ranked WVU Women's Soccer team advanced to the NCAA Finals and will take on the #7 Ranked USC Trojans tomorrow for the National Championship after beating the #6 Ranked and multiple time National Champion University of North Carolina. Bring it home Ladies, we are all behind you.
|Michelle and her Friend|
Today is going to be the first Saturday that I have either not worked or did not travel somewhere since September 24th. I knew before it started that there was going to be a long streak that was going to carry me to beyond Thanksgiving and the job with RTI did just that.
Today I will be helping my wife with some baking (I'll be the quality Control tester) and probably learning to utilize my new camera to get the optimum results.
Next weekend is a travel weekend for us as we head to Ohio for Michelle's family version of Christmas.
Have yourselves a great day today.
Friday, December 02, 2016
First off I would like to express a heart felt gratitude for everyone who took the time out to wish me a Happy Birthday yesterday, the only problem with it is yesterday was not my Birthday. You see it was an even year and I was born during an odd year, so that means I only have birthdays on odd years. Sheesh, I thought everyone over 21 knew that. =)
As everyone saw I got my Birthday/Christmas gift from my lovely wife a couple of days ago. She got me a Ricoh Theta S camera and now it's just up to me to learn how to effectively use a camera that takes photography and videography to a whole new dimension. I look forward with great anticipation to learn an develop this ground breaking technology just as I did with the WebTV when I was one of the first 5,000 subscribers, Youtube as I was an early subscriber and there and in my field of GIS where I got in right before the technology made major breakthroughs. 360° Photos and Videos are something I am looking forward to creating. Hopefully I can create a few awe inspiring memories for people as I learn this. I have the best wife in the world.
For more on what the Ricoh Theta does, watch video below. Google Chrome is the recommended browser, IE does not support this technology yet.
An update on my being called to appear fro Grand Jury Duty in January, a time that conflicts with me being in St Louis. I submitted my paperwork and have been excused from Grand Jury duty for those days by Judge Clawges. I'm going to St Louis!!!!
Have yourselves a great day.
Hi ho hi ho
Thursday, December 01, 2016
Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned or just stole from some place on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been is a whole lot of fun.
This weeks pic just goes back to a few months ago, about ten or so. I was on travel for my regular job as the ESRI Federal Users Conference and I was staying in Arlington, VA. This picture was actually taken on my balcony of my room that I stayed in. Just down the street from my left shoulder is Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon just beyond that. I took this picture before I left for the first day of the conference.
Hopefully I will get a chance to return to the 2017 Conference in February, my guess is that this will happen but we don't know anything for sure yet. Maybe this year I can stay in DC at the Government rate since it is on their dime. =)
Have yourselves a great day today.
Hi ho hi ho
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Sammy found himself a friend this morning, I saw him sitting and talking to our traveling Steelers gnome, the gnome was probably telling him about snorkeling in the Caribbean and how he was on the beach this year but was stuck in his bag and didn't get into the water.
Oh what is new what is new. Pretty much nothing, it's the middle of an uneventful workweek and we're just chugging along day by day. Sammy is the only one in the household that is having fun, well other than Peanut, May and Gracie, but they always seem to have fun. Animals are all pretty easily amused, well 75% of the ones that live with us, Sophie is just an old cranky cat who is very particular how she likes things. I guess we all get like that when we get up there in age.
Have yourselves a great day today, live it to the fullest and fill it with memories for others.
Hi ho hi ho