* Well once again Monday is in our rear view mirrors and we are looking straight down the barrel of a Tuesday, can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits other than this next point.
* A very Happy Belated Birthday to Michelle's Dad's Mother, her Grandma Carpenter, as she became a Centurian reaching that milestone age off 100 years old. Her Husband is burried in Letart Falls where Michelle and I visited a couple of years ago. 100 Years is one heck of an accomplishment and I can't think of anyone in my family that have reached that age.
* It has been 19,696 days since my reported birth, or so they tell me.
* It has been 4,902 days since I graduated from West Virginia University, fulfilling a lifetime dream of mine.
* 3,503 days ago I asked Michelle out on our very first date many moons ago. I would say it was the day my life changed forever, but that could have been years earlier when I first saw her.
* 2,727 days ago I got down on one knee and proposed marriage and my life has been better ever since.
* It was 2,264 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, we got married and had a feast prepared for everyone.
* I have 5,158 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred days or so here or there and depending on if I hit the lottery and become a mega millionaire, I'll retire that day if it happens.
* The next Backyard brawl where we beat Pitt's ass is only 1,804 days away, can't get here soon enough. You always have to hate Pitt.
* There are 394 more days to go until Michelle and I celebrate our magical Seventh Wedding Anniversary.
* We have 154 more days to go until Spring 2018, which is my favorite season of the year.
* 109 more days until Phil takes center stage again and pretends that a Groundhog is the worlds most listened to Weatherman.
* 76 more days to go until my Goodbye 2017 Blog is posted where I recount 2017 based on what I have written in my blog. It has been a year of transition and change, so should be a good read.
* There are 69 more shopping days left until Christmas, Michelle has already pulled all of the Christmas stuff out and organized it.
* My next Anniversary of my 21st Birthday will be in 52 more days. If you use that antiquated 365 day calendar, this will be the 33rd Anniversary of it.
* I have written 5,022 blogs in what is now my 13 full years of being a Blogger and working towards 10,000. Only 4,978 to go!!!!!
* Nothing new on the Brother Search that has been going on for a couple of years, but we've hit brick walls everywhere.
* Nothing new on the Hall Family Tree, even though there are some updates and additions that do need to be made, I did just pay for another year of the service and will keep it going for at least one more year.
* Jim and Chris Paugh (Michelle's Sister) just had a new home delivered to their residence, they are going to demolish the existing structure once they have this new one hooked up. They are not allowed into it until everything is hooked up, so it's like this big Christmas Present in your yard that you can't open yet.
* Amanda and Joey have some new homeowners blues as well, they were planning on having a House Warming Party this weekend for the home they just purchased, but have had a major water leak and have not had water in over a week.
* The Steelers redeemed themselves yesterday, they knocked off the last undefeated NFL team in the Kansas City Chiefs to run our record to 4-2 on the season.
* WVU will be on the roads this coming week to play Baylor, Baylor hasn't beaten anyone this season and this could be a trap game, meaning we could get caught looking ahead due to their troubles. Let's hope they are focused on this weeks opponent.
* Michelle's 30th High School Reunion is this weekend, I'm not sure of she wants to go this year or not.
* 4th Quarter for RTI is going very well, I've really worked it down and have visited every place at least twice now. It's been a very productive quarter.
* We're talking about a Spring trip somewhere, an extended weekend where we go someplace to explore. We've been to DC a couple of times and to Niagara Falls, there are numerous possibilities.
* If you do not have a Federal ID, come January 22, you will need a passport to fly. Nine states are non-compliant but West Virginia is not one of those non-compliant states. We offer the Federal ID and the State issued ID. If you have a state issued ID, you will still need a passport to fly. Michelle and I both have the Federal ID and have been compliant with this upcoming act for a few years now.
* I'm STILL converting some old VHS tapes to Digital Format for Trish. I really need to get back on this.
* I hate snow. It's getting closer and closer to the time when it's ready to begin. I did speak with someone yesterday and they made the observation that fruit trees have been very productive this year, as is our Black Walnut Tree, which could be natures way of saying we are going to have a severe winter. I can see this happening this year, but I still hate snow.
* Have yourselves a great day.
* Hi ho hi ho
Monday, October 16, 2017
It was a pretty good weekend for Michelle and I, we do have some black walnuts still drying and we are still trying to get that black ink off our hands from Saturday. I sure hope the payoff from trying harvest these are worth the payoff. The good thing is we did not overdue it on them. Just a nice little what I would call usable batch.
Michelle's 30th class reunion is coming up this weekend, but I'm not sure that she wants to go this year. We had planned on it and may still end up going, but that would be up to Michelle. I think she was a little upset with some of classmates this past week or so for some things going on on Facebook. Time will tell and we shall do whatever Michelle wants to do, but with Chad getting ready to move back in something tells me she has other priorities for this coming weekend. Time will tell.
Have yourselves a great day and a great start to the week.
Hi ho hi ho
It seems like it was only yesterday that I was in the hospital waiting room watching an afternoon running of the TV show Who's the Boss as Kim was bringing this wonderful bundle of joy into the world. If my math is right, this would be her 27th Birthday, or as I like to put it, the 6th Anniversary of her 21st Birthday.
She is an amazing young women, graduating from West Virginia University a couple of years ago, she currently works for WVU Medicine as a scheduler.
If you get a chance to see or talk to Brittany today, make sure that you take a little bit of time out and wish her the Happiest of Birthdays today.
Happy Birthday Brittany.
Sunday, October 15, 2017
I have to confess I was working yesterday, so I recorded the game as I was out. I was listening to it while I was working and we were getting spanked and dominated by Texas Tech. I drive home and am talking to Michelle about all the work she did at the house yesterday all the while not turning on the TV. Michelle looked at her phone and much to my surprise, we were now winning 38-35 after rallying from an 18 point margin early in the 3rd Quarter to win 46-35 in front of a Homecoming crowd. From my understanding the crowd was electric and I even read where a friend of mine Chris Ostien (Steelers Trivia and Softball Teammate) said "Thirteen seasons of producing games at Mountaineer Field. Today was.... maybe the most memorable.... What an win. What an atmosphere. Still buzzing." It must have been special, I have it recorded.
Michelle did a great job of purging a lot of stuff from the back bedroom. Most of it junk the kids had left behind and was just simply taking up space. Old games and just large boxes full of junk we would never use again, to the trash it all went and organized it now is. Chad may be moving back in in the near future, so the purge really helps. No need keeping junk you're not going to use.
Michelle and I harvested some Black Walnuts yesterday, we have an abundance of them like never before, and once we identified what they were were grabbed them all up off the floor. We cleaned and washed about 3-4 dozen of them and have them drying now. It takes 2-4 weeks for them to dry, so we shall see. There are more out there that we picked up, not sure if we will clean them though as even working with rubber gloves, the black ink stains the hands.
Typical Sunday morning for us, we'll be heading out and doing our shopping and visiting Phoenix Bakery this morning, before I once again head my butt out to travel to do some more field work. During the week I am working locally, but on weekends I have to travel about an hour each way to get to the segment.
Have yourselves a great day today.
Hi ho hi ho
Saturday, October 14, 2017
It's homecoming weekend here in Morgantown, WVU takes on Texas Tech at Noon which means there are probably a few hundred people holding "I Need Tickets" signs around town. It the early morning, but my guess a few of them will show up pretty soon with the early kickoff.
Me and my day, I'll be heading out early this morning and traveling for work. I'll be out of town both today and tomorrow working and may be for the next few weekends. It gives me a couple of hours of drive time a day so there is the nice country trip during the fall foliage that the Government is paying me to drive through, so there are some perks for this job...lol. Of course I'll have to record the game today to watch it.
Michelle is going to Treasure Hunt/Purge the back bedroom to try to clear some things out of there. Chad may be moving back in with us in the near future. She found a few things yesterday that assisted her in decorating for Fall, and I'm sure there are many treasures back there that we have forgotten all about for her to sort through.
Have yourselves a great day today, and let's go Mountaineers.
Hi ho hi ho
Friday, October 13, 2017
Looking for a little bit of football this weekend, well we have football this weekend. Riverside comes to Pony Lewis Field this evening to take on the Morgantown Mohigans, should be a good one. #2 and still undefeated (until they play the Mohigans) University High travels to Buckhannon-Upshur to try to continue their undefeated season and Clay Battelle travels up the road to Cameron for their game this evening.
Tomorrow, West Virginia hosts Texas Tech as we are going to try to stop a 9 game losing streak against ranked teams as the Mountaineers take on the Red Raiders. Special Teams play is the reason the Mountaineers have two losses so far this season, the Offense and Defense has played well enough to win, Special Teams may be one of the worst overall units I have ever seen on a Division 1 Football team. Any school, any year, they are just that under coached and unprepared.
No big plans for Michelle and I other than going out to dinner this evening like we do on every Friday Night, it's the one night of the week we plan on going out to dinner. Kind of like a little treat for a week of hard work.
Have yourselves a great day today.
Hi ho hi ho
Thursday, October 12, 2017
This weeks pic is a very special one, but one very few people will real significance of, but it is significant to say the least.
The game is a WVU Baseball game, it was against a very good Texas team (who we beat) that played for the College World Series Championship that year if I recall. More importantly however, this was the last WVU Baseball game played at old Hawley Field. The next season the Mountaineers traveled around the state while Monongalia County Ballpark was being constructed. The night before the Governor signed the TIF at the Ballpark here that allowed for the construction of the new Stadium, but this was the last game that was played at Hawley.
Have yourselves a great day today.
Hi ho hi ho
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
We got Ice's windshield fixed yesterday, Safelite came to Michelle's office and fixed it there for us. It was just a freak thing driving down the parkway where a rock came up and hit the windshield, we just decided to have it fixed before it turns into something else where we would have to replace the whole windshield which considering we have the Eyesite on this car, the windshield is very important to keep clean and fully functional with no problems.
The Mountaineers will be at home this coming weekend when they take on #24 Texas Tech here in Morgantown at Noon on Saturday. The 3-2 Mountaineers will host the 4-1 Red Raiders and try to end a 9 game losing streak against ranked teams. We have not beaten a ranked team since 2014 when we beat #4 Baylor here in Morgantown. It's time for that streak to end.
Have yourselves a great day today, make a difference.
Hi ho hi ho