* Monday is now once again behind us and we are staring straight down the barrel of a Tuesday, great time for this blog to do a tidbits.
* It has been 19,752 days since my reported birth, by my calculation and using my patented 938 day calendar, that should make me 21 years old by my calculations.
* It has been 4,958 days since I graduated from West Virginia University, one of the proudest days of my life, being able to fulfill someone else's dream for me on the 27th Anniversary of his passing.
* 3,559 days ago Michelle and I went out for our very first date. The movie sucked, but the date never ended.
* 2,783 days ago I proposed to Michelle, I figured making her wait until I proposed had to come to an end. She has been by my side ever since and it was I who got lucky that she waited for me.
* It was 2,320 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, we partied like rock stars and feasted like Kings as Michelle and I became Husband and Wife.
* I have 5,102 days to go until I retire, or at least start doing something else with my life other than working.
* The next Backyard brawl where we beat Pitt's ass is only 1,755 days away, felt good hearing the Eat Shit Pitt chant in their house.
* My next Anniversary of my 21st Birthday will be in 354 more days. If you use that antiquated 365 day calendar, this will be the 34th Anniversary of it.
* There are 237 more days to go until Michelle and I celebrate our magical Seventh Wedding Anniversary.
* We have 98 more days to go until Spring 2018, we're down to the double digit countdown and now I am waiting for the single digit countdown.
* 53 more days until Phil takes center stage, we have it worked out that he is not going to see his shadow this year. Right Phil?
* 20 more days to go until my Goodbye 2017 Blog is posted where I recount 2017 based on what I have written in my blog. I have a pretty good start on it, I do 2-3 months at a time and take a break. As of me writing this one, I've got it mostly written. Everything up until the current month which I am still authoring.
* There are 13 more shopping days left until Christmas, I got a good start the past couple of weeks. Hayley wanted new tires on her car (and needed them) so we bought her 4 new tires before the snow starts to fall.
* I have written 5,081 blogs in what is now my 13 full years of being a Blogger and working towards 10,000. Only 4,919 to go and I will reach that magical number.
* Nothing new on the Brother Search that has been going on for a couple of years, but we've hit brick walls everywhere but what else is new.
* Did do a little bit of updating to the Hall Family Tree and I did a few more updates on the Find A Grave site that I use to tie into it. There are still currently 390 members currently in it and I do need to get working on that. I'll probably have some free time this coming weekend and may do a little more work on it.
* Michelle's Grandmother gave all the Grandchildren some heart warming gifts this past weekend. Scrap books that she has put together through the years for each and every one of them. I will say my wife was definitely a hottie when she was in School, so she was not a late bloomer hottie. It's been a lifelong hotness that she has developed.
* I'm ready for a few food Christmas shows, there were a number of them on this past Saturday night, but we were traveling and pretty much missed them. I'm really waiting for a Christmas Story Live this coming Sunday evening. I will have our FRAGILE (that's French) lit up for this one (OK, it's lit now..lol)
* Michelle has been watching a lot of Netflix, she can't even see the TV from where she sits and I don't think she even cares if the TV is even on anymore. I guess when you have 1,500 channels and nothing is ever on worth watching other than stuff that was produced decades ago, that that can happen.
* You know one of the worst things about Monday Morning, or at least for me? I'm a bald guy and I shave my head twice a week. Once on Monday and Once on Thursdays, it's just a routine I follow. Monday Mornings, are the worst. You have to wake up, write the longest blog of the week and then go and throw that cold shaving cream on top of my bald head.
* Tomorrow is the last day of finals at West Virginia University, traffic should die down significantly after that for about a month.
* I'm STILL converting some old VHS tapes to Digital Format for Trish. I really need to get back on this as I am such a procrastinator. Jackie has a few more she wants me to convert as well. Slacker I am.
* Have I ever mentioned that I Hate Snow? I've seen a little of it this year, but I still hate it.
* Have yourselves a great day.
* Hi ho hi ho
Monday, December 11, 2017
Michelle will be going to Physical Therapy for her hip after work today, so I'm kind of on my own for dinner this evening. Her hip has been giving her trouble for some time and it seems to just be getting worse. Hopefully they will be able to help out. Ironically the guy who married us is a Chiropractor at where she goes for PT.
My week ahead doesn't appear to be too busy, we canceled a meeting this morning so my company can have a Christmas Party for lunch. With a company with 85,000 employees around the world, it's a logistical impossibility to get everyone together, so we have ours with a company we are partnered with at our facility.
I hope everyone has a great day today and an even better week.
Hi ho hi ho
Sunday, December 10, 2017
We had a great day yesterday, started out with a trip to Tangers, followed by Christmas at her Grandmothers and finally Christmas at her Dad's. We took our time all day yesterday as to not feel rushed anywhere, hence the late arrival back home.
Today is just our typical Sunday, grocery shopping this morning, followed by a trip ton our bakery and winding up back here doing laundry. The Steelers once again have the late game this evening, so the likelihood of me staying up late to watch it are slim to about nothing.
Have yourselves a great day, I'm laying back down........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Saturday, December 09, 2017
We are heading out early this morning and heading North to East Liverpool Ohio for Gigi's 2017 Christmas. This is Michelle's 96 year old Grandmother whose home we do the Ohio family Christmas at every year.
The family will get together, have fun, talk football, give out some prizes and play the all important games of Bingo for door prizes and the final cash cover all as the days festivities winds down.
From there we will head over to Calcutta to visit her Dad and Karen and spend a little bit of time with that side of the family before we head on back to West Virginia.
The day will however start with us heading to Tanger Outlets, Michelle outgrew her winter coat with all the weight loss and she would like a new winter coat, so we're heading to the Columbia Store or where ever else we can find what she wants and likes.
Have yourselves a great day today, I hope it is filled with the opportunities to make special memories.
Friday, December 08, 2017
West Virginia University is probably going to be quiet this weekend as they are in the middle of finals and we may quietly see the students start to quietly and unceremoniously filter out of town early next week as they start their winter break between Semesters. The next Semester starts on Monday January 8th, so we will have a peaceful period for about a month before the chaos returns.
Our plans for this weekend include us traveling up North to attend the Ohio family Christmases (yes plural). We'll pack up the car and head to East Liverpool and then to Calcutta before returning home later tomorrow night. I like the Saturday events as it allows us to stay later as we are not rushing out because we have to return to work the next day, but that is just my opinion.
Have yourselves a great day and a great weekend.
Hi ho hi ho
Thursday, December 07, 2017
This weeks pic goes back to 2009 and our first Christmas at this home. It was Christmas morning and I was testing out a new camera that Michelle had bought for me. I saw Chloe and grabbed this picture of her.
Chloe is long gone, she had to be put down a few years ago as she was in constant pain and was suffering. It was one of those pets that you will never forget as the two of us had a bond.
Have a great day.
Hi ho hi ho
Wednesday, December 06, 2017
Construction has started on the new Aquatic Center that is being built at Mylan Park. It's been a couple of years in the planning, but construction started a little late as the commissioners tried to secure funding for the park. I'm looking forward to when it is built.
A New indoor gun range opened up in Sabraton over the weekend. Defense in Depth opened up in back of the old Heck's Plaza. Michelle and I have not tried this place out yet, but plan on giving it a go. When we do shoot, we usually go the the range in Fairmont, I'm eager to try this one out in the near future. I do think that they are a little pricey though IMHO, much more than ATR Performance in Fairmont and that is a quality range.
Have yourselves a great day and I'll leave you with a little joke.What did the tomato say to the other tomato during a race?----Ketchup.
Hi ho hi ho