* Monday is once again behind us as we have a new week started, time for a Tidbits.
* It has been 19,925 days since my reported birth, by my calculation and using my patented 938 day calendar, that should make me 21 years old by my calculations or 54 by these old antiquated calendar's.
* It has been 5,140 days since I graduated from West Virginia University, I am still doing what I was trained to do in college and I'm taking it into a whole different direction. I'm a trendsetter.
* 3,755 days ago Michelle and I went out for dinner and a movie, it was our first date together and the starting point for the rest of our lives.
* 2,972 days ago I proposed to Michelle, she new it was coming and she knew the day I was going to propose, but I still made her wait. I'm thankful she did.
* It was 2,509 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, Michelle and I became Husband and Wife.
* I have now lived 134 days longer than my Dad did, I appreciate each and every one of them.
* I have 4,913 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred days here or there, or at least start doing something else with my life other than working.
* The next Backyard brawl where we beat Pitt's ass in Football is only 1,551 days away. You can tell it's a deep seeded hatred when you are counting this down for this long.
* 228 more days until Groundhog Day, this is when Phil will tell us about an Early Spring in 2019.
* 195 more days to go until my Goodbye 2018 Blog is posted, the blog that is my last blog of the year and recaps the previous year. There will be some big things discussed this year, that is for sure.
* There are 189 more shopping days left until Christmas, not quite time to start preparing your lists, but it never hurts.
* My next Anniversary of my 21st Birthday will be in 165 more days. I think this will be the 34th anniversary of that birthday using the antiquated calendar that most people use.
* There are 55 more days to go until Michelle and I celebrate our Seventh Wedding Anniversary together.
* There are 38 days to go until MountainFest Starts, we already have our tickets and this will be our second year of attending. Alabama, Brett Michaels and Montgomery Gentry will be the featured acts throughout the weekend. Ticket's are now $50 each for the weekend, we bought ours just before Christmas for $40 each for the entire weekend and before all acts were named.
* There are 17 more days until we go and see Jimmy Buffett again in Burgettstown. First time ever on a Saturday Night for me, this should be good. We are taking a Limousine up this year for this years concert. We're going in style this year and I don't have to drive.
* There are 2 more days to go until the start of Summer, this is going by too fast, slow down...lol
* I have written 5,286 blogs in what is now my 13+ years of being a Blogger and working towards 10,000. Only 4,714 more to go until I reach that Milestone.
* Bother Search, yes I found him and I have spoken to him. Search is over now we are starting the next chapter of getting to know each other.
* No Drone flights this weekend, I should have flown but I didn't.
* Chris is teaching Vacation Bible School this week, Jonny and Maddie are here all wee staying with Mamaw while she teaches.
* I'm loving this warm weather, this is my season although my favorite season is about to end. I love Springtime, but Summer comes in Second on that list.
* Michelle is loving both of her jobs and we are now a 4 income family...lol
* This weeks Riddle: When the I answer I give is yes, it is no, and when I give the answer no it is yes. What is the Question?
* I'm STILL converting some old VHS tapes to Digital Format for Trish. I really need to get back on this as I am such a procrastinator.
* Have yourselves a great day.
* Hi ho hi ho
* OK, answer to this weeks riddle: Do You Mind?
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
It's hard to believe that this young lady has grown up in the blink of an eye and became a teenager, but that was last year, if my math is correct she should be turning 14 years old today. Where have all the years gone and why did they go by so quickly.
Erica is turning into a beautiful and intelligent young woman and it is a pleasure to be around. She likes fishing and riding dirt bikes.
If you happen to see Erica Jean today, make sure that you take a little bit of time out and wish her a very Happy Birthday today.
Happy Birthday Erica, I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.
Monday, June 18, 2018
Looking at this week ahead, it should be a busy one. I've got a Softball game this evening at 7:00, it has been a month since we hit the field and if by chance we would get rained out, it is going to be a couple more weeks before we play again. I would like to play this evening, we are long overdue.
Michelle will be traveling at least once this week. For Xtreme Labor Solutions she is going to a Job Fair on Thursday up by the Meadows Racetrack. They are trying to hire 100 drivers for a few contracts that they have. They are looking for Class A and Class B CDL with Tanker endorsements. She will be offering jobs to a lot of qualified candidates and helping them through the employment process. She may also travel earlier in the week to Summersville and Charleston, two other locations around the state for their company. Working for MEPCO she has already worked with many of the people she will get to meet face to face possibly this week. She's just part of their team now instead of the person writing the checks to them. She is also working as the book keeper for Morgantown Veterinary Care and she absolutely loves both positions. She's went from being bored, too being being challenged and loving it.
Have yourselves a great day, swing over by the ballpark at 7:00 to watch a bunch of old farts play Softball.
Hi ho hi ho
Sunday, June 17, 2018
For me there have been two men who have been influential in my life. First was Grandpa Hall, he was the one who instilled the morals and values in me that I have to this day, I completed my education in honor of him.
The second would be my Dad (Pictured here) whom left us way too early at the age of 54. For the record, I'm the good modest good looking guy in the back of the picture.
Our plans for the day are that we are going over to Jim and Chris's fro a cookout this afternoon.
Have yourselves a great day and a great Father's Day
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Well the answer to that question is firing up the lawn mower and mowing grass. Michelle is going in to work at the Vet's this morning, Chad is going to be working on some tanks and I'll be here firing up the Troy Bilt and taking on the growing abundance of manicured Cow Chow that some people refer to as their lawn. I'm up to the task, although it is going to be warm today.
I did get a chance to speak to Jonathan last night, Michelle and I called and spoke to him and Barb for a little while. She is taking all kinds of note for him and I shared the "My Little Home in West Virginia" video with them and walked them through who each one of the people in the pictures were. I have a number of videos like that to share with him, some from picnics, some me just playing around and a number of Christmas videos through the years to play. I don't wan't to bombard him, so I'll share one very so often and let him soak it in.
Have yourselves a great day
Let the cow chow battle begin....when the sun comes up.
Friday, June 15, 2018
Well it has been an accomplishment filled week. I made contact with my older brother after years of searching, he spoke with his Mother and Michelle started her job at Xtreme Labor Solutions and is still getting her office set up. She's also doing the books for Morgantown Veterinary Care and is juggling doing both jobs. It's not a financial decision, it's more of a challenge decision and if you know my wife she hates being bored.
I would say this has been a great week all around, a memorable one to say the very least.
I think Michelle is going into the Vet tomorrow to try to get that whole situation worked out, she is going to be busy for a while to say the least, so that limits what we may get ourselves into.
Have yourselves a great day and an awesome Friday.
Hi ho hi ho
Thursday, June 14, 2018
Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through some of the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet through the years and find one special picture that stands out. Little lost moments in time from yesterday caught with a Cameras lens and relived right here in my blog. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that one special picture and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it consistently is however is a whole lot of fun.
This weeks pic is borrowed, but very special to say the least especially with the events that have transpired over the past couple of weeks. This is my big brother, the one I have been looking for, this is Jonathan Wall. I stole this picture off of his Facebook wall so that people outside the immediate families could see who he is. I thought that this weeks picture needed to be about him, and it is.
My phone call with him went great. He was scheduled to speak to Carol, his biological Mother last night, he's going to have a lot to soak in. I'm going to need to build him a flow chart of all of his siblings so he can understand that he has seven additional siblings that he didn't know about previously.
Have yourselves a great day, it feels good to accomplish something.
Hi ho hi ho
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Short Background: When I was 16 (yes I am older than 21) years old and had just passed my drivers test, my dad dropped a bombshell on me. Thinking I was the oldest child, he admitted to me that I had a brother who was older than me.
Pan ahead about 10 years or so and he was going to some funeral that me and my siblings knew had some kind of a tie to that sibling. As we inquired he changed his story and tried to distract us as he did not want us to go looking for one reason or another. I respected his wishes and those wishes of my step mother for not really wanting to know anything about it or discouraging us to seek him out.
My Dad died in 1999, and Jean had passed away in 2014, clearing any obstacles or any misinformation that were in place for me to properly search. I never understood why that was until just a couple of days ago.
The Search Begins: Starting in February of 2015, my search had began after I had gathered the necessary information from my Mom as to the name of the woman who bore this child.
In March I had identified that person, wrote to her and got the more specific answers that I needed to continue on my journey. I had a birth date which would later be a big key in finding out the identity. They were very young kids at the time and really had not much say so as to what was going to happen, so the child against the Mother's wishes was placed up for adoption, creating a very huge obstacle both information wise and legally as it brought a whole new set of rules.
Submission of DNA: In August of 2016 I sent away for a DNA test sample and submitted it to Ancestry, hoping that they would do a similar action, but they had not and we were at a brick wall on both sides and did not know our next step. It was a long shot that hopefully that sibling was still alive and had also submitted a sample. There were no such results, the closest relative return I had was someone I know, my cousin Roberta.
The Revelation: On Sunday June 3, 2018 I logged into Ancestry and I sat there completely stunned. Seems that they had also submitted a DNA test in April of this year (takes 6-8 weeks to get the results) and his results were in, although at that time he had not logged in to see them.
It came across as 2,050 CentiMorgans which is in the range of "A grandparent, aunt, uncle and half sibling all would share the same amount (1,450-2,050) of centimorgans with you." and was shared across 59 DNA segments which is in the top of the range of (45-59) "Very High, about 99%" certainty all according to the Ancestry DNA section.
On June 3 I reached out to this person on Ancestry through the private messaging and provided my Facebook profile in hopes they would reach out to me. It was a broad response and not specific, and received no response.
In the mean time I started to search Social Media to see if I could find them. This is when the birth date came into play in my search. I searched his name and birth date and found my answer. This was my half brother.
On June 8th I still had not heard from him on Ancestry, so I wrote another message being much more specific, indicating exactly how we are biologically related.
On Sunday June 10th, around 6:00 in the evening, I had a Facebook friend request from him. We IM'd back and forth a few times, and at that (and this time) I am under the impression that he did not know that he was adopted. He stated he would like to speak to me in a few days and we set up a first phone call last night to answer some of his questions.
As I am writing this, this phone call has not taken place in real time yet so I am not going to comment on it obviously. I'm going to ask everyone involved in the search to just allow time for this all to develop. A 55 year old man just learned something about himself that he didn't know.
As of the time of this posting, the search is over and contact has been established.
Brother Search (February 11, 2015 - June 12, 2018)