Tuesday, December 05, 2023
* My sister Kim's birthday is now over with, it's hard to believe that she is 38 years older than me now. Good time for a tidbits.
* It has been 21,887 days since I was born, that is 21 years using my new, new, and improved 1,000-day Calendar. That calendar might need revised sometime in the next few months.
* It has been 7,147 days since I graduated from WVU with a Degree in Geography. I do love what I do and I can see me doing this into my retirement years.
* 5,735 days ago Michelle and I had our first date together, the pizza hut is gone, the movie was 10,000 BC. What a horrible pick I made for a movie.
* 4,938 days ago I proposed to Michelle in the backyard at 4:00 in the morning. Second best decision I ever made.
* It was 4,483 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, for the most part, Michelle and I became husband and wife at the Marilla Center, we poured sand into a vase and said our I do's and we were hitched.
* I have now lived 2,119 days longer than my Dad did and I'm still going strong, slowing down but still going.
* Michelle has been living a clean and productive life and beat that alcohol demon 778 days ago today.
* My older Brother Jonathan lived 21,266 days, I've now outlived him by 644 days making me Senior Supreme Sibling once again! Sunday would have been his 61st Birthday.
* I have 2,953 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred days here or there, but I love doing what I do. Who knows though, doing what I do I may never retire.
* There are 363 days until I hit the age of 61. Yeah I know, I'm really older than 21.
* There are 284 more days until we go to Pittsburgh and beat the Panther's butts in their stadium.
* There are 265 more days to go until the Mountaineers will try to get some revenge here in Morgantown for last weekend when Penn State comes to Morgantown.
* There are 244 more days to go until Michelle and I celebrate our Thirteenth Wedding Anniversary together.
* Making its debut on this week's countdown, in 179 Days Michelle and I will be traveling to Pittsburgh to see Kenney Chesney and Zack Brown at Acrisure Stadium.
* There are only 106 days to go until the next start of my favorite Season. Spring 2024.
* 74 more days until Phil steps to center stage once again for Groundhogs Day, that's when he tells us we will have an early spring.
* 25 more days to go until my Goodbye 2023 Blog is posted, I'm just now getting started on content for that one.
* There are 20 more shopping days left until Christmas 2023. You still have plenty of time to prepare and get ready.
* It has been ∞ (infinity symbol) a number of days that I have hated both Pitt and Penn State.
* I have written 7,389 blogs in the now 18 1/2 years plus a couple of days of being a blogger.
* Older Drone still needs to be sent out for repairs, not a big priority at this time. My little drone is awesome and I really like it....when I take time out to fly it.
* I think I know where I want to do my next drone flight, out by the old county graveyard whenever I get to it.
* It's been about 4 months since the last time I had a soda or really anything carbonated. I really have grown to like brewed ice tea.
* Tomorrow's Blog is another Mark Roper special. I was going to use it last week, but last weeks was so cure that I switched the weeks up on it.
* Still playing Monopoly Go. I think among my friends and family I'm still in 11th place. Kim and Terri and #1 and #2 respectively.
* The Mountaineers bowl game will have them playing North Carolina on December 27th.
* How about I start doing my favorite Tic Tok of the week? This is this week's Tic Tok,, I am a bird guy and love Birds. Especially those with big personalities.
* Have a great day
* Hi ho hi ho
Monday, December 04, 2023
Looking at my week ahead in my household, half of us humans are subject to Jury duty this week, and I'm not the half that is. Yes Michelle is still serving until the end of the month but my time is completed. She doesn't have to report today, but has to call in every evening to see if she has to serve.
I do have an interview tomorrow morning for a remote role with Duke Energy, but I don't think I am a strong candidate. I check all the boxes so to speak, but I've only been using Smallworld a couple of months although I am strong on the ESRI qualifications for the job. We'll have to wait and see. I always have opportunities presenting themselves to me.
I need to start my formatting for my end of the year blog. We are in the last month of the year, so I should be able to set up the formatting for everything in anticipation of me taking time to review the year and write it. This has to be done first, then it is a matter of filling out the months.
West Virginia will be playing North Carolina in the Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte on December 27th.
Have yourselves a great day.
Hi ho hi ho
Sunday, December 03, 2023
So what is on our agenda today? Grocery shopping, coming home and doing a few chores and then I think Kim and Michelle are going shopping together somewhere today. I'm probably going to stay home and watch some more football.
Yesterday was pretty productive, Michelle is bound and determined to de-clutter the house and started in the living room yesterday clearing out a bunch of space. We took a trip to Rural KIng to buy some feed for her outdoor four-legged friends who are now coming up onto the patio. I'm waiting on one of them to take their antlers and knock on the sliding glass doors and ask where their food is.
We took a trip to Sam's yesterday morning, let's just say Michelle is going to take a long weekend and bake cookies and is pretty mich set up with everything she needs to bake the entire weekend. Flour, Sugar, extras, you name it and she got herself an electric wolfgang puck cookie spritzer, that way she doesn't have to squeeze the trigger manually over and over. It is almost cookie season and I'm getting excited.
Have yourself a great day.
Saturday, December 02, 2023
First of all I feel very loved with all the birthday wishes I received yesterday. Michelle started my day off with a 3lb box of Redstone Candy. I haven't seen much of it in the past few years or at least since COVID. I was actually at the Redstone Factory a couple of years ago and it was like a ghost town. I think I was the only one there at the whole facility.
That was yesterday and now on to today. I'm heading to the laundromat this morning and then Michelle and I will be making our weekly trip to Sam's Club to shop. It was something I used to do on Fridays, but I work later in the day now and we just both do it rather than rushing around and making days longer on Friday.
There is a birthday party this afternoon for Michelle's great-niece, she will be turning 2 and she is already full of life.
My assignment for Jury Duty is now officially completed, I never got called in once in the two weeks I was committed to serving. I was supposed to serve a month, but that was from October till when I started my Jury Duty in November. I didn't try to get out of it, and still managed to be available to do my civic duty. Michelle is still on Jury duty until December 29th, so she still has to call in and be available.
Have yourselves a great day, it's going to rain all day but make the most of it.
Friday, December 01, 2023
Today is a day to celebrate, one that we need to throw a party for. It is my official last day of Jury Duty (If I have to go). Michelle has to serve a few more weeks, but I have gotten lucky and because I had to move last months assignment up a month for training on my job, I only had to serve two weeks this term and this is the end of my second week.
No plans for the weekend that I know of. Michelle is starting to gear up and prepare to bake Christmas Cookies. She's thinking about taking an extended weekend to do her baking. My favorites are the Butterscotch Cookies that she makes. She had an idea of getting together with other people who bake cookies and do a cookie exchange. Her and her sisters did it one year and it worked out well, they all worked together baking and trying each others recipes.
Now that we are in the month of December, I guess I should start setting up for my end of the year Blog. At least set up my formatting and get everything ready so I can take time and go through the year and pick out my points that I would like to highlight.
Have yourselves a great day
Hi ho hi ho?
Thursday, November 30, 2023
Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a whole lot of fun.
This weeks pic is from last week (I do that a lot) at Thanksgiving Dinner. I grabbed this picture of Michelle and her Seesters and Mom. This was taken after they had spent the day preparing a feast that allowed us to fill our bellies. It was a special day all around.
I need to do more photography and take more pictures.
Have yourselves a great day
Hi ho hi ho?