Links

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom

Since last weeks debut of Wednesday Wisdom seemed to be so popular, I thought I would give it a second go around this week. Last week was wisdom quotes, but I'm not going to say that that will always be the format as wisdom comes in so many forms, but I'll repeat last weeks format this week.


* A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it.--Alfred Hitchcock

* Change is inevitable… except from vending machines.--Bumper sticker


* Confucius say… he who thinks by the inch and talks by the yard deserves to be kicked by the foot.--Confucius


* The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the happy wish to be married, the married wish to be dead.--Ann Landers

* My kid wanted a BB gun for Christmas, I got him the BB gun and he gave me a sweater with a bull’s eye on it.--Rodney Dangerfield

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.--Anonymous

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.--Will Rogers

*
If you want it done quickly, it won't be done correctly.--Murphy's Seventh Law of the Office

All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of the United States.--Noble's Law of Political Imagery

And I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes. I honestly have said this thousands of times to myself as I have had to be on a job site in some other city (Fairmont or Frostburg) in the very early hours of the morning, or in other words before the Army gets up.

*  Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. --Benjamin Franklin


Have a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: