Links

Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Monday

All good things must come to an end, and unfortunately that includes those formerly peaceful things we called weekends. Now it's time for those of us in the working world to put our noses back on the grindstone and do what it is we do for a living. The rest of Morgantown on the other hand is starting their first day of classes today as WVU starts their 2014-5 Academic School year. This is also the first day of school for Mon County Schools as well as Fairmont State University where Chad attends.

Good luck to all the students from Kindergarten to Grad school on their academic endeavors for the now starting school year. I guess I have to say welcome back to all the WVU students. (Traffic GRRRR).

I'm doing a stress test this afternoon at the Heart Institute. Nothing to worry about, I chose to do it since I'm losing weight and am starting to do some serious activity, just a checkup to make sure everything is OK with the ticker. I'll also have to have a Colonoscopy  when we get back from the cruise, but that has nothing to do with planning for weight loss surgery and everything to do with turning 50. Oh the things we get to look forward to when we reach that first half century mark in our lives.

Speaking of weight loss, I'm doing great and am down 59.2 lbs since May 29th and down 74 lbs since Christmas. I still have a couple more meeting scheduled before I can be approved and scheduled for surgery, if I make it that far. My BMI started out at 43.51 in May and is currently 35.25. You have to have a BMI over 35 and at least two contributing factors (diabetes, sleep apnea, bad heart, etc.) or a BMI over 40 to be approved for the surgery. I would say by the time we get back from our cruise, that mine will be well bellow 35. I'm doing this on my own. To all who ask, no I did not join some commercial weight loss program, didn't eat a Subway Sub every day but if you want to pay me to replace Jared I'm willing to say I did and no drugs. It has simply been eating smarter (not really less) and moderate exercise. That's it, no pills, shots, points, membership dues, or any magical product other than doing a little research into how we eat and altering it a little to healthier options (and I only eat salads once a week on Monday).

Looks like rain all week, my guess is FallFest is going to be a big wet T-Shirt contest tonight...LOL

Have a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: