Links

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Morning

All good things must unfortunately come to an end, and by good things that also means those fun filled things we refer to as weekends. Now it's time to stick our noses back on the grindstone for another fun filled week of work, so we can do the things we like to do on the weekends.

For me, this is my last Monday for a few weeks as I will be off the next three either due to Holiday or vacation that is extended an extra day as we regroup from our cruise. I guess all I have to do is get this week in and to do that we have to go through a Monday.

Looking at my week ahead, there are no Doctors appoints that I have scheduled this week, that's the first in a while for me. I've done everything that I have needed to do other than two more dietitian meetings to fulfill all the obligations on my end to have the gastric Bypass Surgery. To be honest though, I'm down 65 lbs since May 28th and 80 lbs since Christmas, and I am within 15 lbs of being within the high end of the target weight the Dr had set for me one year AFTER surgery. I may be within a few pounds or have reached that by the time I get to my sixth and final dietitian meeting in early October. The odds of me actually going through with this surgery now are getting slimmer and slimmer, especially when I'm doing so without any medical assistance or surgery. I've not been this low in weight in I can't remember when, maybe the early 90's and I've still got a long way to go. There is no finish line, only goals as this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.

The ALS Ice Bucket challenge is amazing in what it can do, it's raised over $70 Million as everyone and their brother are either doing it or donating to it. I can't say I have ever seen a grass roots campaign ever have this much success or be that successful. It's actually quite amazing what it has accomplished.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: