Links

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that ever so hated start of the work week Monday is now behind us, we're now looking at a deal-able Tuesday. I can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* It was 18,517 days ago that I entered this world and blessed everyone with my presence. I'm sure some have liked that fact and there are others who may despise that fact, but I'm here and smiling. (I hope no one hates me)

* 3,740 days ago I completed a lifetime goal of graduating from West Virginia University. It was something I always wanted to do, but never got around to starting until my mid 30's.

* 2,341 days ago, I spent an evening with a very special young lady. She had been widowed for a couple of years and was raising two kids on her own, a very remarkable young woman to say the least.

* I decided 1,565 days ago that I really like this special woman, and wanted her to be in my life permanently, so I proposed marriage.

* 1,102 days ago, in front of our closest friends and family at the Marilla Center, Michelle and I became Husband and Wife.

* I have around 6,320 days or so, give or take a few hundred here or there, to go until I retire. It's still a long way away, but countable none the less.

* In 359 more days I will celebrate my 4th Wedding Anniversary with Michelle. We really didn't do much for our third, but we did go to the Pirates game a couple of days later.

* I have 141 more days to go until I have to publish my world renowned Good Bye 2014 Blog. Yes I should win a Pulitzer or some other prize for such a literary masterpiece, but I don't do it for the awards, I do it for you.

* You have 135 more shopping days left to go until Christmas, not to early to start and probably a good time to start planning. I know Michelle and I have started talking about it some.

* The countdown to our Cruise is getting smaller, it's only a mere 26 days away!!!!

* The West Virginia University Mountaineer Football team will play their first game of the season in 18 more days. The opponent the University of Alabama lead by Monongah WV native Nick Saban.

* This is my 3,744th blog that I have written for this Blog since I first started almost ten years ago. I'll be celebrating that ten year anniversary out in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

* I have started to pre-write my Vacation Blogs for the week. Not much text, but I did a video blog each day we were on our cruise last year and will be uploading those videos to Youtube to correspond to the day of our cruise, but one year later. You'll be sharing some of the sites and sounds of our previous years cruise in relation to the day that we are on that cruise. I have some underwater footage to share among other things.

* I got a call from WVU Hospitals yesterday, I have to call to schedule my Colonoscopy when I get back from my cruise. With me preparing for Gastric Bypass Surgery and the cruise, I wanted to wait until after we get back from vacation to have this procedure done. See the things you get to look forward to when you turn 50?

* You may start to notice that Morgantown's population is starting to grow and will get worse throughout the week as the Students return. Move in Day is Friday, so it should be chaos everywhere, so leave a little earlier and use a little more caution. Classes at WVU start next Monday.

* I am going to debut my "Wisdom Wednesday" day tomorrow for the first time. I don't know if this will be a weekly feature, or just something to use when I am at a creative stumbling block. I was actually going to debut it last week, but decided to wait until this week.

* I meet with a Cardiologist this afternoon, we're going to check out and see how healthy my ticker is.

* I have done no work to the Hall Family Tree in a few months, I'm anticipating starting to work on it again this fall.

* I don't think Michelle and I have too much planned between now and when we leave on our cruise, however planning ahead would anyone be interested in a trip to the Springs Festival  with us on October 4th? It's a great time and you can get some really good prices on fresh and home made food items. I think last year by 9:00 AM they had sole 7,000 lbs of Sauerkraut. I bought fresh Apple Butter and we always buy pure Maple Sugar made right there.

* How about a trip and tour to the Moundsville Penitentiary? We were there last year and planned on returning this Spring but that didn't happen. It could be a lot of fun and we do have Family in Moundsville that can probably show everyone around town.

* We lost arguably the funniest man alive yesterday. Robin Williams died in his home at what appears to be an apparent suicide. When speaking of the greatest comedians and funniest man, he was always either first to be discussed or talked about.  I'm sorry to hear of his passing, but I thank him for the magical gift he left all of us.

* I hope everyone has a great day.

* Hi ho hi ho


No comments: