Links

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well the last Monday that I am going to work is behind us, now we can start concentrating on Tuesdays for a while. Still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* 18,531 days ago yours truly was born.

* 3,754 days ago I accomplished a lifelong dream as I earned my degree from West Virginia University, a decision that I have never regretted.

* 2,355 days ago on a cold spring evening, Michelle and I went out on our first dater together. Yes even after all of these years now, the movie still stunk it up to high heaven.

* 1,579 days ago, I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to a remarkable woman.

* It's been 1,116 days now that we have been married. I'm lucky enough to be married to not only someone I love very much, but my best friend and soul mate.

* I have about 6,306 or so days, give or take a few hundred here or there, until I enter into the world of retirement.

* I have 345 days to go until my 4th Wedding Anniversary.

* My Goodbye 2014 Blog, my favorite blog of the year, will be presented in 127 more days. I still have a lot of time to add content.

* If you're getting ready to start Christmas Shopping, you have 121 more days to go. For those of you possibly on a tight budget, Walmart starts their Christmas Lay Away program for 2014 in September. They have signs up now promoting it.

* We are only 12 days away from heading out on our third cruise. Yes two weeks from now I will be out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where the Ocean Floor is about 16,000 ft below us.

* Only 4 more days until the 2014 West Virginia University Mountaineer Football team takes the field for the first time as they take on the Alabama Crimson Tide in Atlanta. I guess that means this weekend it's officially FOOTBALL!!!!!!

* I had a little unpleasant surprise yesterday morning, I had to stop at Krogers before work and when I went out to the car my Battery was deader than a doorknob. I called Michelle and she helped me jump start it. I drove straight to Advance Auto and purchased a new battery, the battery was dead once again as I tried to restart my car at Advance. Fortunately the Alternator tested out fine and I was able to make it in to work and out out a few unexpected fires.

* The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has raised $79.2 Million as of the time of me writing this blog. That is a pretty remarkable grass roots fund raiser.

* It was announced this past week that the former Jamestown Jammers will be the professional Baseball team that will be playing in the new Ballpark being built in Morgantown and they will begin play here for the 2015 season.

* I'm down 66 lbs so far since May, and 81 since Christmas (and my surprise 50th Birthday Party) last year. Still got a ways to go, but I walked the trails yesterday at work and did the big hill with little to no problem. We're talking about a hill with a 15% grade and me going up that. It's much easier than it was last time I tackled that hill due to all the weight loss.

* The High School Football Week 1 Power Ratings are out. The Morgantown High Mohigans are ranked #5 and the University High Hawks are ranked #9 in the AAA Power ratings.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: