Links

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Morning Grumblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from that butt kicking from the Sandman last night and I'm up once again watching TV and collecting my thoughts. On the TV is the Internship.

Boy was traffic around town yesterday has picked up significantly. The dorms opened up Friday but there was a huge line coming out of Campus
 Evolution Villages that went half way up Van Voorhis Road. The line at the door of people waiting to get their keys was over 100 yards long. It's kind of easy to now notice, the students are back. So much for what we know as a peaceful Summer in Morgantown. (sigh)

Our plans for the day are to get up early and get our shopping done. We want to beat all the madness that I am quite sure that we are going to encounter today as students go and buy about everything off the shelves. I did notice yesterday that Krogers was price gouging. My soda stream concentrates are $4.99 everywhere you go, Walmart, Krogers, Bed Bath Beyond, it's all pretty Universal on price. They were all of a sudden $6.99 each yesterday at Krogers. I understand that local businesses are taking advantage of the sudden increase in population, but it's the locals who shop here year round who are being gouged.

We had a nice walk yesterday, started in Van Voorhis and walked clear to Hoard and back. According to Google Earth that distance is 4.75 round trip. Arguably one of the longest walks that we have taken together on the trails. Took about an hour and a half and about an hour and 15 minutes into it I was starting to feel it. It was a great day for a walk and we took advantage of it.

I stopped by and visited my Sister Terri and then my Mom yesterday afternoon to let them see a little extra hardware that I have sitting around and getting a few pictures. Michelle had a large batch of Green Beans and cooked them down on the stove as well as making Zucchini Lasagna that was very good.

It's calling for rain all day, so it's going to be a day of shopping, laundry and probably taking a nap. Don't want to over do it as I have a stress test tomorrow afternoon at the Heart Institute. No problems, but with all the weight loss I chose to have one as a precaution as I really start to increase physical activity.

Have a great day.

No comments: