Links

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Gloria Jean Hall

I would like to take this opportunity to wish someone very special a very Happy Birthday today. Jean Hall, a woman who has been my step mother for over 90% of my life is celebrating a birthday today.

Anmaw as many refer to her as, is one of those inspirational people who you just have to absolutely admire. She has been a very big inspiration to me in my life as well as many others who have ever met or known her.

This is a woman who has overcome health adversity like no one I have ever known and does it with a smile on their face. A funny story I used to tell about her when I was in college, and this is true. Her cousin Joyce used to ask how she was doing after she had her debilitating stroke in 1999. I used to tell her that Jean's vision was coming back slowly, she now saw five of everything. That never stopped Jean though, she would get in her car and close one eye so she only saw three objects and then aim for the middle one. Sad and hilarious, but a true story none the less.

If you happen to see or talk to Jean today, make sure that you wish her the happiest of birthdays today.

Happy Birthday Jean.

No comments: