Links

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Goodbye 2023

 January

* We started the new year safe at home sleeping. 

* We all met up with Mom at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate her 80th Birthday. 

* I took a day off and took both of the cars to the Ranch to have their oil changed. Michelle was working and that is how I spent my day off. 

* I bought my girl scout cookies from Releigh. She is in the Girl Scouts and she is who we are buying our cookies from. 

* We all surprised Ralph for his 40th Birthday. Amy kept it a secret from him. 


February

* Phil, my Groundhog Friend betrayed me and saw his damned shadow. 

* Michelle and I got into some bread making, we tried a number of new breads that we loved. 

* Former WVU Basketball Player Joe Mazulla was officially named the Basketball coach for the Boston Celtics. He has an interim position, but they made it permanent. 

* We bought Michelle a new laptop. Hers was outdated and she needed something better so we got her one that she loves. It's touchscreen too. 

* Jerry McClean I learned had passed away. 


March

* Brittany officially moved out and in with her at the time boyfriend, then Fiance and soon to be Husband Matt. They have a nice little house down in Fairmont. 

* We started to use a dutch oven to make bread, I love the way that it tuns out. 

* Took a training seminar Introduction to Agile. 


April 

* I learned my childhood friend, mentor and big brother Dave Van Halenger has passed away. Dave had taken me under his wing when he played here in the mid-70's and re remained friends up until he left to take over the Strength and Conditioning Program at Florida State. Dave also lived in East Gate. 

* Michelle and I attended the bakesale at Woodland United Methodist church. A place I seem to overpay for Pineapple Upside Down Cakes. 

* My Contract with Duquesne Light had come to an end. It was very lucrative and a 3 month contract turned out to be about a year and a half of work on a big contract. 

* Calvin and Jeanetta did a Gender reveal, they Jax's gender was revealed to everyone for the first time. 

* Michelle got a kernel lodged into her teeth, so I ended up buying a waterpic for the household. 

* I took a trip to Pittsburgh, I was going to have an interview for a full time position with Duquense Light, but their system was down before I got onto the subway and I found a Tea Shoppe at the Mall. This was the beginning of our love of Teas. 


May

* I had an interview with ESRI, they make the software that I use when I do GIS. 

* I was hired by Lancesoft to do a short-term contract with Parsons. Another lucrative contract but once again it was through the DoD and was very short-term. 

* Michelle and I took Mom and Gerald over to Chris's for a Mother's Day Cookout at their home. 

* Erica Jean finished her High School Career with her Graduation. 

* I bought Michelle a Hammock for the back yard, why? Because Michelle wanted a Hammock. 


June

* Brittany and Matt went on their cruise, and Matt proposed. They will be married this coming October. 

* Michelle and her sisters made a trip to East Liverpool to help celebrate Meghan's Graduation. 

* I entered into the world of battery-powered lawn equipment. I found a nice leaf blower, weed eater combo at Lowes. It more than meets our needs. I have bigger gas powered versions, but we never use them. 

* Bob Huggins had an incident in Pittsburgh that lead to him no longer being WVU's Basketball Coach. 


July

* My month started out with a Doctors appointment over at the POC. 

* I started my personal music top 12 countdown in July. Where for 12 weeks every Wednesday I would name a song and post the video. 

* Jim and Chris had an auction at the Woodland United Methodist Church. 

* We had a Baby Shower for Calvin and Jeanetta. 

* I gave up Soda and bought a Mister Coffee Iced Tea Maker. Would you believer that I have not had a single soda since I made the change. 


August

* Michelle and I for no reason, drove to Tygart Lake and we spent some time at the Dam. 

* The students returned to Morgantown after a nice three month hiatus. I like this town a lot more when they aren't here.

* I got the chance to meet up with my old roommate and introduce him to Michelle. Greg played football when we roomed together all those years ago. 

* The Johnny Koon Lantern and Butterly Release was once again held at Westwood Middle School. There was a really nice turnout this year as there have been every year. 


September

* Jimmy Buffett, a man I have seen in concert multiple times had passed away. It was a bit of a shocker, he was a big part of many of mine and Michelle's Summers.

* My sister Terri was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It's a battle she was just beginning to fight and she is continuing to fight with Chemo. 

* The Pitt Panther Football team finally returned to the city where they are most hated to play a football game against the Mountaineers. It was a big event, a prime-time game and one that we watched from my niece Amy's House as she had an inflatable outdoor TV screen. 

* I got hired by my current employer Matrix who became Motion from the time I was offered until the time I started. 

* Pam and I went to Preston County to get Buckwheat Cakes. The Buckwheat Festival had started, but we ate at the church in Masontown. Easier in and out. 


October

* Michelle and Kim ordered their wigs, they planned (and did) to shave their heads in support of my Sister Terri's fight with Breast Cancer. 

* Terri, Kim, Michelle, Amy, Val, Brittany and a few others went to do the Breast Cancer Survivors walk. Terri indicated she wanted to do next years walk as a survivor. 

* I had to go to Pittsburgh to get my TSA Precheck done to work on the current job that I am working, due to it being as infrastructure. I started working for Matrix who is contracted to Atmos Energy. 

* We spent the month organizing the Spaghetti Dinner benefit raffle for Terri. 


November

* We had Terri's Spaghetti Dinner and benefit raffle and I have to say it was much more successful than even I thought it was going to be. It was a whole team effort and everyone did an amazing job, it just warms your heart that so many people stepped in to help pull this off. 

* The day had finally come, Terri had started to lose her hair from the Chemo, so her Kim and Michelle all met up at Terri's and all three of them shaved their heads in support of Terri. 

* I ordered tickets for the Kenny Chesney Concert this coming Summer in Pittsburgh. Michelle indicated that she really wanted to see him and her favorite artist Zack Brown so I got tickets. 

* The annual Thanksgiving dinner took place at the Cassville Firehall. Mom, Kim and Brittany took in the turkey day festivities. 

* Michelle and I simultaneously served on Jury Duty together for two weeks, neither one of us got called in in that time period and mine was done. 


December

* Let's just say that we had a couple weekends filled with Baking for Christmas. Michelle did the first one baking nut breads and making fudge all weekend. 

* I did celebrate another anniversary of my 21st birthday (it was actually my 60th) and Michelle surprised me with a 3 lb box of Redstone Chocolates. 

* Michelle had her company Christmas Party at Muriels in Fairmont and we both attended. The evening was a lot of fun. 

* Our friend Trish had been battling hereditary heart problems that past few years. She had an LVAD put on her heart to assist it a few years back, but that is only a temporary solution. She got the call that there was a donor heart and she had a Heart Transplant. 

* The second weekend (three day) of baking occurred where Michelle, Kim and Brittany pumped out a lot of cookies and did a lot of baking over three days. 

* Christmas Eve at Terri's happened, but I was sick (and I'm still sick) and didn't want to get her sick. Michelle went and had a great time, I did nothing Christmas and Christmas Eve other than try to sleep through this illness. 

* There were 386 Blog Posts this year and this is the last one. 

* I'll see you on the other side in 2024. 


No comments: