Links

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Sunday

Here I sit in a much quieter household, Rocky and Lilly have returned home and Fin and Sophie are once again ruling the pet household. I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with that dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up watching Superbad and collecting my thoughts for the day.

One thing that I have been thinking about this weekend is that we are not too far from being invaded by the Cicadas. They were here in during the summer of 1982 and then again in the summer of 1999, they have 17 year cycles and the eggs that were laid in 1999 are about to come up out of the ground, take wings and be a sheer annoyance to anyone and everyone for a month or two. I remember the last time they were here I was driving a potato chip route for Mister Bee, when I would drive around the area all I would here was ping, ping, PING, PING, ping, PING, PING, PING, ping, ping which was the constant sounds of the cicadas bouncing off my bulkhead as I drove down the road.

Normal routine today of grocery shopping and the household chores before returning to work for the week. Nothing too heavy on the schedule for the week other than a couple of meetings for 2 of my 3 jobs that I currently hold. That list will diminish next week as I complete my employment with TNG and move forward.

A couple of things I am throwing out there for family get togethers is getting pretty good receptions. One was a good old fashioned kick ball game and the other is a gun shoot. Where everyone brings their guns and we have a family shooting day where the more experienced firearm owners can assist others in understanding everything from safety, to properly handling of the firearm to cleaning and maintenance of the firearms. Cicadas would make nice targets...lol

Have a great day.

No comments: