Links

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here Kiwi and I sit in a quiet household, I'm up wondering if I am going to be able to cut grass this weekend and he's over there writing his memoir of finally meeting his Grandmother this past week. Now is is claiming he is the favorite Grandchild. He's painting a painting in his cage entitled Irene, an ode to Grandma. Such a creative bird. 

Hurricane Debbie is coming up the coast, which means there is probably going to be a good bit of rain this weekend. I really am wondering if I will be able to cut grass, it's been a few weeks I'm hoping I can get it cut. Michelle has a few bird feeders around the back yard (and front) and it has been so long since I was able to cut grass that I actually have corn growing in patches in the yard (no joke). Right under the birdfeeders in the back yard and just off the porch in front. 

I did buy a cheap Wifi extender this week, the ring doorbell in the front is a little too far from the router and it sends sketchy video at time, so I bought a cheap little extender and that seems to have solved the problem for the time being. It's on the same network as the doorbell and it's quicker to load and doesn't get pixelated. 

With the Mon County Fair coming up soon, there are some events around town leading up to it. The 2024 Junior Miss Contest will be Sunday at 2:00 held at University High School. Anniyah Paugh will be participating this year, she is the daughter of Samantha Paugh (Jim's Daughter). I know Michelle is wanting to go and cheer her on, especially since it is just right up the road. 

Other than that it's back to normal this weekend with the shopping and other things that we do on our days off. 

The Olympics will be ending tomorrow with closing ceremonies, I have to say that since they have started my TV has not been off of NBC. I've had it on all day and night watching either Olympic competitions or their replays. I'm going to be lost next week. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it special. 


No comments: