Links

Saturday, May 06, 2023

Happy May 6th

Here Kiwi and I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I want to sleep in and he's wanting to jibber jabber, Wanting to argue if turning your Air Conditioning up makes it hotter or cooler. He's just got that analytical mind that questions everything and how it all works. I think he gets that from me. 

It was 86 years ago today that lived in a day of infamy. The Hindenburg blew up in New Jersey, making Morgantown native Herb Morrison's voice and recollection of the event timeless that is stuck in all of our heads over 8 decades later. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but my sister Kim knew him as they both attended the same church up until the time of his passing. 

Got a lot done yesterday, Michelle is still under the weather, I'm starting to wonder if it is strep throat, we got her some lozenges from Walmart yesterday that seemed to instantly help. She took yesterday off as well, relaxing and giving her a four-day weekend, if that is what you call it. 

She did like the teas I brought back for her a couple of weeks ago when I went to Pittsburgh. She loves Teas and has been drinking a lot of them lately in place of coffee, so we went to the Seneca Center and found the Tea Shoppe right here at the Seneca Center. She said the Teas are about the same quality and they seemed to have a larger selection of Teas. She got a 3 ounce package of Lemon Mango Punch Fruit & Herbal Tea that she really seemed to like. You get 3 ounces (about 10 cups an ounce) and the price is about the same that I paid for 2 Ounces in Pittsburgh. I guess that means less trips to South Hills Village and more to the Seneca Center. Of course we went to the Brownie House located in the Center as well. 

The day would not be complete without our first trip of 2023 to Mel's to pick up some Cantelope and a Mango. She is the one that has all the fruit stands around town. 

So how did my interview go this past week with ESRI, I think it went really well. We discussed a number of things, and her one question for me was why did I apply for this job. You have to be a Geography and especially a GIS Geek to understand my answer and she got that bill. My answer was simply because it's ESRI. If I get this job I'll have to relocate to the Charlotte Area, but I will be out on the road most of the time to be honest. I've been to three Federal and one Universal User Conference (In San Diego) and if I get this I will be doing it much more often. I have a good feeling about it. 

Not much on our agenda for the day, I guess it all comes down to the weather and how Michelle is feeling. It's supposed to be warmer, so Peanut is want to go out and explore the world. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it special and memorable. 

No comments: