Links

Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday

Well that nice Holiday weekend is now behind us, now it is time to concentrate on the tasks at hand and get back to it for another week of doing what it is that we do for a living. Let's stick those noses back onto the grindstone and start another week of making this a better rock to live on. 

This is my last week contracting for Duquense Light, we have pretty much gotten the who Outage Management System built and ready to hand over to the internal team. It's been a very fun and profitable project for me that was supposed to last for three months and lasted a year and a half instead. I've met a lot of great people, learned a few new things and am grateful for the opportunity that I was bestowed. I turn my equipment in on Friday, so a trip to Pittsburgh will be in the works. 

There is nothing lined up for after this week yet, I left RTI last October because I couldn't give them the hours they wanted while I was putting in 60 hours a week on this project. So now for the first time since I really can't remember when, I will be completely unemployed after this week. No worries though, I have a number of things in the hopper so that situation hopefully won't last too long if at all. For the last year I have been doing 12 hour shifts pretty much without any true breaks, meaning days I had to make up the hours or lose the opportunity for that income.

Maybelline and Gracie are still with us for the time being, Hayley and Tyler fly in today and will either come down to get the dogs today or tomorrow. Peanut has been in the back bedroom hiding since they got here, so I'm sure she wants to come back out and visit us. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: