Links

Friday, April 07, 2023

Big Ole Hairy Good Friday

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Good Friday Friday.

A few events this past week, I learned a few days ago that a man who was like a big brother to me has passed away. Dave Van Halanger someone I was pretty close to from 75-83. I was always over at his place when I was a kid, in High School he helped train me and when we moved to East Gate in 1982, he lived in the very first house as you were coming into the development. Dave was always there for me to talk to, like when Grandma Hall was in ICU I used to pass his apartment in North Hills as I walked to Mon General. He was a very good man and I'm a better person for knowing him. I used to jokingly tell people Deion Sanders and I had the same trainer, but it wasn't a joke, it was Dave. RIP old friend. 

We have a couple of houseguests with us for the weekend. Hayley and Tyler dropped off Maybelline and Gracie as they flew to Florida yesterday to spend Easter with Tyler's parents. We're dog-sitting this time and Abbie is watching the cats back at their place. They should be back Monday and will come down and pick them up Monday or Tuesday. 

No real plans for this Easter Weekend, as we are dogsitting. Maybe I can get out and get some yard work done as there are tree limbs that have fallen and my dump trailer has the AC Unit sitting in it. Might have to lift it out and fire the lawn tractor up, doesn't look like it is doing to rain, but we'll have to wait and see how wet the ground is. 

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: