Links

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday

Here Kiwi in a quiet household, we are once again talking about what a good draft the Pittsburgh Steelers managed to put together over the last three days. I'm quite happy with it and Kiwi is still mad that they didn't draft a bird, although he's really an Eagles fan (the whole bird theme). 

Since it is and has been calling for rain all last week and this week coming, I wanted to get ahead of the grass before all the rain causes it to grow too much and I'm battling tall grass to cut, so I cut it yesterday afternoon. A funny little story though, last year Michelle hit a meter in the ground and bent one of the blades straight up. We (or should I say Michelle) took it off and we but a new blade on. We were good to go, until I hit a big stone in the yard yesterday that I didn't see and evened the scoreboard up 1-1 on bent blades. So now we have a new set ready to go on, the new set we put on it yesterday so we could cut the grass and two sets with 1 bend blade each. I can take the two non-bent blades and have them sharpened and have two sets of backup blades now. 

As of Press time the Mountaineers have had 1 player drafted in the NFL Draft. Dante Stills was selected in the 6th round by the Arizona Cardinals. It has been a couple of years, he is the first Draft Pick since Tony Fields was selected in the 2021 Draft. 

Not much planned for the day, doing some chicken for dinner. I picked up a whole chicken at Harry's on Thursday and we want to try that new run I got in Pittsburgh on Monday. 

It was 13 years ago today that I proposed to Michelle after making her wait 777 days. Best decision I ever made. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: