Links

Monday, April 04, 2022

Monday

All good things must come to an end, that includes those super quick things that I like to refer to as a blip in time or my time off from both jobs. It is now over with until July minus Easter Sunday. Now it is time to take our collective noses and stick them back onto the grindstone for another fun-filled week of doing what we do to make this a better rock to live on. 

It's going to be 10 hour days for me this week and next for Duquense Light. We're trying to push a great deal of data through so that we can meet our end-of-the-year goal to have this all operational by the end of the year. It is going to be state of the art in GIS and we really are the innovators of this design that I can see power plants around the country investing and converting to. I'm actually quite proud to be a part of this. 

I have to say that during my career in GIS I have been a part of some very interesting projects. I was with the NRAC on the start of the Shenhua Coal Liquefaction where China was turning coal into liquid fuel for a number of years. The entire concept was initially proposed here just outside of Morgantown with the SRC-II Plan that was supposed to go in by Fort Martin in the '70s. I worked on Hurricane Mapping and Emergency response for a high-level audience which was a lot of fun. I actually had a program I wrote being displayed in the White House on Election Day 2008. I worked in Carbon Sequestration where we won a Blue Pencil Award. I worked on putting federal assets into the FIMS database or at least be able to account for assets Geospatially. Something that has been mandated since before I was even in college and we were well on our way until the new contract was underbid. I've worked in Photogrammetry which is 3D Geography, not everyone can see in 3D but I have that ability. Now this for Duquense Light, so when I say make this rock a better place to live, I have been doing that in my field. 

I hope everyone has a great day today and the start of a great week, go change the world with what we do.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: