Links

Friday, April 22, 2022

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

Let's start off by saying that this would have been my last day at Duquense Light, this was when I was planning on leaving and returning my equipment as I was taking a job in Bridgeport that is supposed to start on Monday. Did my drug test, did my background search, and all that was involved with that long process, the only problem is they contacted my current employer to verify my employment. Not a problem, but ConsultUSA didn't know anything about it yet as nothing was finalized. Well ConsultUSA contacted me and asked me about it and I explained it was a timing and length of contract issue. She said to give her a day and they contacted Duquense Light about the possibility of me leaving. Well they extended me until the end of the year with the possibility of this going on into 2023 (they don't have the 2023 budget yet). That made me re-evaluate whether I was going to stay with ConsultUSA working for Duquense Light or if I would switch positions to move onto Dominion Energy. Electric vs Gas, it's a big decision and I'm thankful to have the options that I do. It's not official yet, but I think I am going to stay in my current position. It allows me to work from home as opposed to a 45 minute commute each way every day. 

Other than that, how has everyone's week been going? Michelle has been very busy spending alternating evenings with her Mom and Chris is doing the other nights. She's a little run down from it, but let me tell you my wife and her sister are both a couple of amazing women. 

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: