Links

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesdays Thoughts

Well here we are again, at the one blog that occurs during the week that has traditionally been the toughest blog for me to write. It's the blog that is not a live weekend blog, not a theme blog or a beginning of the week blog. It's just stuck in the middle of a workweek and I have other things on my mind.

One of my rules for my blog is I try to never let emotion be placed onto my blog and I really try hard to keep politics and religion (two subjects I used to love to debate in online forums) off my blog. Reason being something I may be mad about today, may not be the way I feel two years from now and vice versa.

Same holds true with my Social Media, Facebook as we all know it as. I try not to post anything controversial or anything that may take the path of Social Conditioning the populace, much of the time with false or misleading information and passing it off as truth. This is an ugly trend that I am seeing more and more on Social Media. I've seen lifelong friendships brought into question and a mob like mentality attacking friends who may not just see things the way you do. I'm not going to endorse or condemn anyone's political ideology, but there comes a time when everything some people post are misleading (meaning if you research it the facts don't support it) information in an attempt to garner support for a political stance.

One that stood out to me this past week was a picture of the Bible and a Gun and said something along the lines of the two things our country was funded upon and those guys hate. Uh, not even close to being correct. The two main reasons we broke away from England was that England wanted to tax the colonies for their war debt, specifically the French and Indian War. We opposed being taxed and taxed without representation. You might have heard of the Boston Tea Party.

The other thing was that England did not want the colonies to expand beyond the Appalachian Mountains, where Colonists wanted to keep growing the borders and eventually expand coast to coast (Manifest Destiny).

The author of the Declaration was a Theist, not a Christian. He considered the teachings of Jesus "the most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man". 

However inaccurate Memes spread on Facebook based on nothing factual are running rampant. They are brainwashing a faction of the populace with false information and has divided our country like I have never seen it in my lifetime. The people pointing the fingers about the other guys, are the biggest perpetrators to honor and integrity. Just sit back and watch, it is scary what has happened to our country.

Nikita Khrushchev one proclaimed that "We will take America without firing a shot". He made that statement in 1956, today I wonder what he saw as I'm seeing it happen right before our eyes.

We used to be Americans, friends, neighbors, a nation with a common purpose and a common enemy (Boogey man). Today we are split by partisanship extreme and I have a sad feeling this generation has passed the point of no return and this makes me sad.

I would like to see people just simply sharing funny stories, recipees, family pictures and cute little antidotes on Social Media rather than what I am seeing today.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: