Links

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the Sandman last night and I'm up watching Sin City on one of the TV stations and collecting my thoughts for yet another day.

Well yesterday we ended up taking another road trip, but one not that far this week as we headed up North to Tanger Outlets and then to Sarris Candies to do a little bit of shopping. I did manage to find one of my childhood favorite candies there in a BB Bat. Inflation is killing us, they used to be 2 for 1¢ I was a kid and now they are 20¢ each. Oh the humanity and inflated prices. It's pretty sad when penny candy is now 20¢.

We did book and pay for our Niagara Falls trip yesterday. We're going up for a couple of days next month to see the falls. We have decided to stay in Canada and found a real nice deal on Groupon which really did save us a ton of money compared to what we did almost pay for the trip. About 1/3 of what we were going ton pay. We are doing it economically as we are just looking for a place to lay our heads a couple of nights. I got two nights cheaper than I got one night in DC plus a bunch of meal coupons, so I'm not complaining. Did get a bunch of advice from a few friends on Facebook, I guess Canada is the way to see the Falls and we did have our Passports since we do travel Internationally when we cruise.

Plans for the day are just to do our routine grocery shopping and finish up the laundry for the week. Michelle got most of it done last night, so there is not much more to do. The Mountaineer Basketball team plays the last game this evening when we take on the Maryland Terrapins to advance to the Sweet 16 to take on the Tournament Favorite Kentucky.

Have a great day.

No comments: