Links

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out to look through my 30,000+ pictures that I have either taken with a camera, scanned from a hard copy or just stolen from the internet or someplace else. Little lost moments in time to post up and relive her briefly with everyone. Sometimes it's pretty easy finding that one special image and sometimes it is in fact a difficult task. One thing it always has been for me has been a whole lot of fun.

For this weeks pic I'm going way back, kind of. When I was growing up my favorite burger joint was one that we had her in town called Burger Chef. A very popular burger chain that I think was ahead of it's time with its old Fixen's Bar. They would flame broil a burger and give you the plain burger and then you would go over to their Fixen's Bar and put what ever condiments you wanted on your burger. We had a few of them here in Morgantown, but only one building is still standing as the one at the top of High Street was demolished years ago.

This picture is from the door handle of the now Wings Ole in Suncrest, which that building was originally built to be a Burger Chef and opened in I'm guessing 1971 or 1972. My dad had actually laid some of the bricks in the original building and I'm thinking the addition that was added on to after the fire.

Burger Chef was bought out by Hardee's in 1992 pretty much closing all Burger Chefs. This door handle is the only remnant that really remains from that once popular burger chain of my youth here in Morgantown. It is located on the side of the building closest to Duncan Donuts if you want to check it out yourselves.

Just an image that reminds me of my youth.

Have a great day.

Hi ho hi ho.

No comments: