Links

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Saturday Thoughts

Here I sit in the household, I am the LAST one to recover from that losing battle with that dreaded Sandman last night. Michelle is up drinking coffee and I'm up watching Knocked up on HBO Go and collecting my thoughts for the day.

There are a couple of sporting events of interest for me today. The first happens at 1:00 this afternoon right here in Morgantown as Bob Huggins takes his 13-1 and #17th Ranked Mountaineers in to do battle with the 9-5 Oklahoma State Cowboys at the WVU Coliseum. Hopefully the Mountaineers will not be looking ahead to Tuesday Night when #1 Kansas visits Morgantown.

Today also starts the NFL playoffs. The Pittsburgh Steelers survived the regular season as the 6th seed and will travel to Cincinnati to play the AFC North Champion Bengals. The two teams split the season series each winning in the others home field. There has been some tensions between Vontaze Burfict of the Bengals and James Harrison of the Steelers, so much so that the NFL commissioner has said this is not going to happen again.

No real plans for Michelle and I today as of now. I did go and break down Mom's Christmas Tree yesterday and set up her Kindle Fire that she won during the Chinese Gift Exchange. I have to say that I was quite impressed with it, it's a small colorful tablet that she can get on Facebook with as well as having access to my Sister Kim's large library of books she has purchased through the years.

Have yourselves a great day.

No comments: