Links

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, not even the never tired Fin is making a single peep. I'm up with HBO on in the background and I'm collecting my somewhat limited thoughts for this day.

One of the things that I used to love to do growing up and always looked forward to on Saturday Morning was a morning filled with cartoons. Whether it be Buggs Bunny and the Road Runner or some show from Sid and Marty Kroft, Saturday mornings were always sacred as a kid, just before you headed out to play for the day. Now it seems the only thing you get on any of the networks, is News all morning long. When I was a kid, we had a limited number of channels and a smorgasbord of great Saturday morning entertainment, to day we have probably close to 1,000 channels and there never seems to be anything good on on Saturday mornings. Why is that?

So much for my non cartoon Saturday morning rant, not too much going on around Morgantown today, The WVU Men's basketball team is in Florida to take on the Florida Gators, but the Women's team is in fact at home to take on Baylor in what should be a great match up of two ranked teams. WVU comes in at #24 and Powerhouse Baylor is #4 in the country. Tipoff is at 4:00 PM and tickets are just $5.00 each.

Michelle and I have no plans for today, but that can always change. Cabin fever may set in or we just may stay in and relax for the day.

I will leave you with this rare find that I found on the internet this morning. I've never heard this before.

No comments: