Links

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through the thousands of digital pictures that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments of time captured in an image for eternity. Sometimes it is pretty easy to find that special pic, you know what you're going to use before you even start looking and sometimes it's not so easy. The one thing it always is however is a whole lot of fun for me.

This weeks picture is a picture that hangs in my home to this day. This is my Grandfather on the left, Bill Addis in behind and they made up the Green Mountain Boys. The man to the right of the picture is Steve Shoals, the Hall of Fame Member who signed Elvis Presley to the RCA label, but that is another story.

Today is May 16th. 36 years ago Ellis Hall a man known to me as pappaw passed away. He was a very influential figure in my life, as he took over the role as my Dad and raised me when my own parents were experiencing some tough times.

Nine years ago, 27 years to the day after Grandpa Hall died, I fulfilled his wish for me when I graduated from West Virginian University.

Have a great day.

No comments: