Links

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

Here I am up early again, as I am every morning and collecting my thoughts for the day. Michelle woke up about the same time I did, but has went back to once again lay down and go back to sleep. Sandman really got to her I suppose. I'm up watching Head Office  on HBO, a movie I used to love back in the 80's but haven;t seen since.

I would like to take this opportunity out and wish all of the Mothers in the World a very Happy Mother's Day today. Mother's Day  is a very special holiday in North Central West Virginia, since it's origins start here with Anna Jarvis in Grafton West Virginia.

Speaking of Anna Jarvis and her home or birthplace, here is a picture of my wife, a Mother of two, at the home where this entire holiday started. We took a trip to Philipi a few years ago and we stopped by the Anna Jarvis House just outside of Grafton. So we stopped and grabbed a few pictures, this one in particular of the porch and a few of the tools that were used at time when she lived there.

There is also a shrine in downtown Grafton to commemorate that this was the birthplace of this wonderful holiday.

I am fortunate to have a number of people in my life who are either my Mother or Mother figures. One of which was my grandmother who left us in 1980, but will always be remembered. There is my Mom who I will visit sometime today, there is Jean and Nana who we stopped by for a visit yesterday, there is Michelle's Mom and Grandmother who both walked her down the isle on our wedding day. Then I can't forget my wonderful wife as she is a Mother of two herself.

We're going to do our normal grocery shopping here this morning and then we may both go say hello to my Mother, then Michelle is heading up north to visit her family for the day. There will be bouquets of roses to go all around for six wonderful women in my life today.

I would also like to extend a very Happy Mother's Day to my Sisters, wonderful Mother's their own right and to my nieces who are wonderful  Mother's as well. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there, it's you that keep us in line.

No comments: