Links

Sunday, October 02, 2022

Sunday

Here Kiwi and I once again sit having our deep early morning discussions. He is an absolute aviary genius but he can't figure out why we humans can't fly without the help of devices such as airplanes and such. It's almost like he is mocking me and the cats who can't fly either, but Peanut has been known to do some athletic leaps to grab flying objects like butterflies out of mid-air. 

Well since it pretty much rained yesterday, Michelle and I managed to do somewhere between diddly and squat, more on the side of squat. We are going to get out and do our grocery shopping for the week today, that is still something that we enjoy doing every week. It's our little Sunday routine of running to Krogers and doing our morning routine. It's almost therapeutic for Michelle and I to do our Sunday shopping. It's something I have done for years, and it's something she likes doing with me. 

It was 49 years ago today that I broke my leg playing pickup football. It was a pretty severe break, a greenstick fracture to my left thigh. It caused me to be hospitalized for a month, including surgery where they drilled a pin through my leg and had me in traction for about 3 weeks or so. Then it was a body cast for six weeks at home. Once that was removed my let contracted due to no physical therapy and then it was back into the hospital to straighten my leg once again. Then it was back into a straight leg cast to come out of it to have about half of my range of motion. I still don't have the full range of motion, but I have a good 90% of it in that leg. I compensated years later when I wrestled and had to perform one of my key moves from the opposite side where opponents were not ready for it. 

I have to get my fingerprints done this week after completing a 50 page background document on myself and what has been happening in my life the past 10 or so years. I'm just thankful they didn't got back to my childhood where that document would have been much larger. 

Have yourselves a great Sunday, make some memories. 

No comments: