Links

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well my three day weekend is now over with and I have to return to work today, can't think of a better reason that that to do a tidbits.

* This is my 18,580th day on this earth. I wake up every morning and consider myself lucky that that number continues to grow and I'm still in good health.

* 3,803 days ago I fulfilled a lifelong dream when I graduated from West Virginia University. It was something that I always wanted to do, but never quite got around to starting until I was 35.

* 2,404 days ago my life changed forever. I had met this girl a number of years previously and was attracted to her, there was just something special about her, only problem was she was married and had two young kids and I'm not a home breaker. Scan ahead a number of years and our paths cross again and I ask her out, to be stood up. I did manage to get her out for a night on the town and my life changed from that point on.

* 1,628 days ago I had made her wait long enough, I bought our engagement ring and got down on one knee and proposed marriage.

* 1,165 days ago in front of our closest family and friends, we exchanged our vows and became husband and wife.

* There are 72 more shopping days left until Christmas, if you haven't started, it's time to at least to start to think about it.

* In 78 more days My Goodbye 2014 Blog will post, my previous year according to my blog and relived in one final blog for the year.

* We are 157 days away from my favorite time of the year, SPRINGTIME!!!!!

* I'm 296 days away from mine and Michelle's fourth Wedding Anniversary.

* I've got about 6,257 more days to go give or take a few here or there until I enter into retirement.

* This is my 3,815th Bog post for George's Journal. I've been blogging my life away daily for over ten years now.

* This Thursday Michelle will be attending the Taste of Home Cooking School  at the Morgantown Events Center. Pam, Jean and Michelle have done this together a couple of times in the past and will once again be doing it this year.

* With my day off yesterday I went to do a little bit of shopping. On the clearance rack for $19.99 was a dress jacket I almost bought at full price a couple of months ago, but hesitated because it didn't fit then, but it does now and it was marked $100 cheaper than I was going to buy it then. Yeah Me!!!

* I did manage to get Fools Parade DVR'd a couple of nights ago. It was filmed at a facility we visited this past weekend and my Aunt Juanita was an extra in the movie at the Courthouse. I glanced through it and did find her as I knew she was dressed up as an older woman at the time. I managed to pick her out rather quickly. Yeah Me again!!!

* There was another movie filmed there a coupe of years ago called Out of the Furnace, it's available on Netflix for you subscribers. The Official Trailer.

* Weight Loss is good, down 83.7 lbs since May 22nd and 98.7 lbs since Christmas or New Years. I still have a ways to go, but progress has been made and people are puling me over and commenting on my weight loss. Makes you feel pretty good about yourself. Yeah Me once again!!!

* We tried our first attempt at making our own Hot Sausage this weekend, I think it went pretty well and the sausage while hot sausage, has a lot of lot calorie turkey, green peppers (from Springs) and Onions in it as filler. It's a different taste, but one that is a lower calorie option and spiced up how we like it. Yeah Michelle for your innovation.

* We got our new iPhones last night. We both decided to go with the regular iPhone 6 rather than  the 6 Plus, partially because they had the 6's in stock. We did upgrade in capacity, we both had 16 GB phones and all they had in stock was the 128 GB phones, so we chose those. I was running out of space on the 16 GB, we will be good to go now.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: