Links

Monday, October 06, 2014

Back to Work

All good things must come to an end, and that even includes those fun filled things we refer to as weekends and love so much. It's time to put our noses back on the grindstone for another fun filled week of work.

I did buy our first attachment for the kitchen-aid mixer yesterday when I bought a Meat Grinder  and a Sausage Stuffer . I did my research over the past week and based on some very reliable advice, bought the one I purchased. I was going to buy the industrial one, but that would have been overkill and nothing we could have really used. I bought some sausage casings as well, so maybe we'll be making some of our own version of hot sausage this fall.

We cut up the head of cabbage we bought at the Springs festival into 3 different crock pot meals. The thing was huge and I should have weighed it before we cut it up and froze a good portion of it and threw the rest in the crock pot for dinner yesterday. It was probably almost the size of a basketball, and we even trimmed a good bit of it away. You have to love the produce you can get when there are a number of Amish prevalent in the area.

My week ahead has one Doctors appointment scheduled tomorrow. This is my 6 month follow up with my doctor and will be the first time he has seen me since I have dropped a great deal of weight. Since the last time I seen him in March, I have lost 90 lbs, so he may be in for a little bit of a surprise. =)

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: