Links

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that dreaded thing that we call Monday is once again behind us. Now we are looking ahead at a Tuesday and I still can't think of a better reason than that to do a tidbits.

* 18,573 days ago about the time that this blog is actually posting, I entered the world and began my long journey that has gotten me to where I am today.

* 3,796 days ago I officially left he world of being a college student and became a West Virginia University Alumnus.

* 2,397 days ago I had the pleasure of taking a young woman who was widowed a couple of years earlier out on a date. It was Pizza and a horrible movie, but she must have forgave me for the horrible movie choice.

* 1,621 days ago I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to this special woman.

* 1,158 days ago because she said yes to the earlier bullet we tied the knot and became husband and wife.

* There are only 79 more shopping days left until Christmas, if you haven't started yet, you still have time.

* In 85 more days I will post my Goodbye 2014 Blog, the post that relives my previous 12 months according to my blog.

* We are a mere 164 days away from Spring. Yes, I am counting because in case I have never mentioned it before, I hate snow.

* I have 303 days to go until mine and Michelle's Fourth Wedding Anniversary.

* I have about 6,264 more days to go until I hit the world of retirement, give or take a few hundred here or there, unless I win the Powerball Jackpot, then that number will be drastically reduced. I guess I should play...lol

* This is my 3,808th blog that I have written for George's Journal in the over ten years that I have been a blogger and shared my life with everyone. I guess if you are going to leave a mark and create a history this is a good way to do it.

* If we can get enough interest, Michelle and I were talking this weekend about renting a passenger van and heading out to Amish Country in Ohio for a day. This is just a feeler to see who or how many may be interested in making a day trip out there with us. I figure if we get enough people and renting say a 15 passenger van, that it would make the day more enjoyable for everyone.

* Being that we are starting to start to get into the Holiday season, I'm planning on putting my Mom's Christmas Tree up again in November. I will be asking all who want to participate to make a 2014 personalized ornament to go with last years ornament to give this years tree a second year of life. It went pretty well last year and I know they both enjoyed it. I am once again extending an invitation for all who would like to participate to do so.

* I meet with my regular Doctor this morning, I'm sure he will wonder where the rest of me is as I have lost a great deal of weight since he has last seen me.

* I have to come up with some targets and goals for the next few months so I can have more count downs on my blog. I've done the concert, cruise, Steelers game and even the Springs Festival. It's time to get those creative juices a flowing.

* Speaking of nothing to do, this would be a real good time to start doing the Hall Family Tree again. The weather is going to start getting bad and the days are going to start getting shorter. Might be a good winter project to work on.

* Washington PA has opened their new Hobby Lobby, might be time to make a trip up that way.

* A disturbing fact that I learned over the weekend, this past weekend was the first weekend in my lifetime that there were no Saturday Morning Cartoons. I think back to my childhood and all the great shows that I grew up on, shows that I still remember today and ask myself. "Where did we go wrong to end up at this point?" Saturday Morning Cartoons are fond memories many of hold, this generation will never know that.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: