Links

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out of my busy schedule and look through all of the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet through the years. Little precious lost moments in time forever captured with a camera to be shared some time in the future or just reflect upon days gone by. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not so easy. One thing that it always is however is a whole lot of fun.

This picture goes back a number of years, even in the pre-me era. In the Middle is my Grandfather Ellis Hall and he is surrounded by my Dad's two sisters, Juanita on the left and Pregnant on the right would be Glenna Mae. I'm not sure if she is pregnant for Sharon or Lynn in this picture, so that would either put this picture around 1954-5 or 1959 depending on who Glenna Mae is pregnant for at this time.

This is the old home that we had down in Van Voorhis that my Grandparents had until they sold it in the late 60's or early 70's. Behind them was the infamous well that we used to have to hand pump to get water out of for anything. By anything U mean drinking water, bath water, washing machine water, etc.

All three of these marvelous people who were all very influential in my life have all moved on and are no longer with us. There memories and images however are forever with us now as they are part of a technology (internet) that didn't exist in those times.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: